1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying music to another folder

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by katpeeler, Aug 7, 2010.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

Ok, here is my problem. I have MULTIPLY duplicate songs in folders in my itunes library. This was caused by my accidently allowing itunes to back up my music in the same folder it came out of. I have used several duplicate file finders and have gotten some of them out but still have alot of duplicates in my itunes folder.

Which comes to my question. Since Im not showing duplicates in my itunes program (have Itunes up and showing list of all my music) can I copy and paste these songs in another folder??...Playcount/playlist Im not worried about but I do want all my info and coverart on my 4000 plus songs. Thanx for any suggestions

2. Mez

Mez Active member

If most of your music is not DRMed I strongly suggest you check out Winamp and Media Monkey. I use Media Monkey to sync and it is superior in many ways to the sync in itunes. It will not do videos. For that you will need something like icopyexpert which will do it all. I find MM very superior when handling music. MM will allow you to hunt out duplicates and remove them from its database.

You will want to uninstall itunes but keep the database (the option keep user files) in case you change your mind. You can start back up without missing a beat. I have heard itunes attacking an ipod if you change apps to sync. I would also do a full backup of itunes that includes the playlists. MM will import/export playlists.

MM is great for bigger libraries.