1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying PC games

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Hunril, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Hunril

Hunril Member

I need a good burning program and possibly a decrypter so I can back up PC games like Doom 3 and Far Cry. ANy info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Hunril

Hunril Member

By the way, The only burner I have is a Plextor PX-712A DVD burner and a generic DVD Rom for reading and stuff. I have Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator as my burning program.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The 712A is a capable burner for backing up PC games so you're off to a good start.

For Doom 3 I'd first recommend BlindWrite 4.57 with the following settings provided by Shoey:

Read settings:
    1) Authorize the use of alternative method
    2) Choose nibble and read at 8x
    ======================================================
    Write settings
    1) NO AWS, NO autoplay enabled, burn DAO pw at 4x

This combination turned out the best copy I've made to date. It verifies immediately and requires absolutely no emulation of any sort. I wouldn't recommend BlindWrite5 for this title or any other SafeDisc 3.21.022 protected games because it has a known problem with it.

My second recommendation would be Alcohol 120%. I made a working copy with it although the verification took longer than I like. No emulation was needed for this copy either. Be sure to use the SafeDisc 2/3 profile and set your read and write speed to 4X.

4. Hunril

Hunril Member

Hey thanks for the tasty morsels of info. I will be downloading them and trying it out this weekend. Ill try and let you know how it went.

5. Hunril

Hunril Member

Is there anywhere that you know where I can download a demo version of blindwrite that has all the features enabled?

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can get fully functional trial for BW5 at VSO's site. I know you can download 4.57 there but I'm not sure if it works as a trial version.

http://www.vso-software.fr/