1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying ps2 games with dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lsufan, Sep 19, 2004.

1. lsufan

lsufan Guest

when i backup my ps2 games, what mode should it be in? also, does anyone know if smap magic actually works. thanks, john

2. axess68

axess68 Member

Hi, I use Alcohol-120% to copy my PS2 games that are less than 4 gigs (Because I have a FAT32 file system on my pc and it won't save an ISO file bigger than that) and DVD Decrypter for the bigger games.

So, here's what I mode I use: ISO mode. It works GREAT! Use it to MAKE the ISO files AND to BURN THEM. For some reason, and I have the latest version of Alcohol-120&, Alcohol seems to have a problem with multi files. I ended up with a DVD coaster today when it did that to me. DVD Decrypter will break up a 4+ gig ISO file and will translate it itself. I used it to handle Terminator 3: Redemption (awesome game, BTW) and it worked perfectly.

So, in summary, Use ISO MODE in READ mode to create the ISO and then ISO MODE in WRITE MODE to burn the disc. You can use DVD Decrypter to copy all of your PS2 games and not use Alcohol, but I have found that Alcohol works just as well and I've been using it steadily for the smaller games.

Sheesh, I hope I didn't confuse you!!

Axess68

3. axess68

axess68 Member

Oh, and I'm getting Swap Magic tomorrow from UPS. I've heard it works fine... I HOPE it works fine!!

4. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

Swap Magic(v2) works, use it all the time.

5. axess68

axess68 Member

Well, I'm getting the newest one. I think it is version 3, or 3.2 or something.