1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Rock Band onto a DVD+R DL

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by creedman, Jan 1, 2008.

1. creedman

creedman Member

Hello all. I'm new to all of this and I'm having a problem. I looked around on here before posting and couldn't find anthing on this so if there's a thread about this already, please point me to it.

The problem i'm having is, I got a copy of Rock Band and made a backup copy of it onto a DVD+R Double Layer disc and I cant get my PS2 to read it. I have Swap Magic 3.6. The swap magic loads up just fine, but when I put the backed up double layer disc in, it says "invalad ps2 disc".

Does the PS2 not read double layer discs or did I copy the disc the wrong way or something? I can play single layer DVD+R discs with no problem. Thanks for the help.

2. GreatDave

GreatDave Member

Swap Magic won't play dual layered disc. I have a retail version I can't boot as a result :(

3. ph33rzie

ph33rzie Member

yeah Swap Magic can't lad dual layer discs, there are a few folks on this site that are working on taking out some of the videos in Rock band and making it work in a single layerdvd, until then we're all in waiting

4. sp0rk

sp0rk Member

I can't say I have experience. I have a Duo 3 mod, and I haven't bought Rock Band yet. But there is a thread on the topic that looks promising. I'll be trying it out as soon as the game gets here. The program they mention looks like it will make a DVD5 Rock Band DVD (sans the extra music vids)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/607971