1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Sacred

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bbiagllla, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

i am trying to copy a game called sacred. It has a protectcd protection and i have tried to use clonecd and blindwrite and i cant get it to work . someone help me please

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

i have that how do i use it for the cd i wanna copy

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

This will NOT work. Why this would be suggested I have no idea.

As far as Ive read this game contains no protection, you can try copying this game with nero using data cd or use nero express.

if this doesn't work we will try somthing else.

5. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

i scanned it and it is protected. also i have tried to straight copy it and nothing going.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Sacred uses Protect CD VOB 5 for which Alcohol 120% has a datatype. From what I gather emulation will almost always be needed.

7. bbiagllla

bbiagllla Regular member

how do i do use alcohol to burn wit emulation.

8. warsong

warsong Guest

since the 1.8.? version Alcohol 120% has not worked for me. something about it looking for its emulation specificaly. if you somehow get it to work let me know, i hate using the CD all the time

9. l33tech

l33tech Member

First of all, AnyDVD is only going to tell you that this is a DATA Type Disk and not video, this isn't going to help you at all. (So bad idea dude)

Now if you want to find out what type of protection (if any) is on any game you can try this site here:

http://www.makeabackup.com/database-S.html

Sacred N/A Encore Software N/A Protect-CD VOB 5 - -
    Sacred N/A Encore Software Australia Protect-CD VOB Version Removed -

So Sacred is protected with Protect-CD VOB 5.
    Now I'm using Alcohol 120% version: 1.9.2 (Build 1705)
    This does have an option for VOB5.
    Mine does actually make a successful copy. But, still fails to verify the disk.
    This was after I applied the latest patch to Sacred.

My Alcohol 120% says there is a new version and I need to update.
    I will attempt this next and let you know my findings.

If you just want to get around having to use the CD, I have a NO-CD Patch for the English Version that seems to be less buggy than some others I tried.

This upsets me that I can’t make a back-up copy of this CD. My reasoning is because my little girl likes to buy as many horses as she can and ride them around and I have to let her have the CD each and every time it seems it gets scratched more and more. Pretty soon I will have to go out and by another copy just to play the game and I think this is ridiculous!

Peace Peeps.

L33Tech

10. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

I managed to succesfully backup sacred, however still manages to fail disk verification.

Therefore, I heard a patch fixes this, or something of the sorts, would anyone know of such a tool to bypass that. And also, is there any other way to deal with this type of copy protection.

Thanks

11. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Anybody out there? Willing to answer this question, or this thread completely devoid of life! oh...

12. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Will anyone answer the question?

13. warsong

warsong Guest

not dead, just that the copy protection on this game was pretty steep. I finaly found a no-cd crack for the final non underworld version, but it would only work if you had an existing game going, and would black screen on me if i tried to use it on a new game
    I do also believe that it has a black ball protection in it agenst certian emulators being loaded. Also this game is well over a year old, personaly i have moved onto oblivion, muc better game, and alot more stable too. although this game will run nicly on older systems.
    I was running it on a 2200+ 512 ram and a 32 meg Raedon 8500 PCI
    Although this game might still be fun for a LAN run through, the CD only needs to be in the drive when the game loads.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2006
  14. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

So what you are saying essentially, is that I can make it work...

Hence, the mystery perpetuates.

15. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Can't make it work, correction.

16. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Found a solution, nevermind thanx

17. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

I have to say, the copy protection on this game, was very steep. I've never seen this level of security on a game, safe for God of War, which its backup, took me a while to figure out.

In any event, the game is riddled with bugs, especially in an area, where you have to enter the word Wasser (german term for water) or else you can't progress in the damned thing.

Overall, the security on it is easily overcome, only when you research on P2P networks.

First, either use Alcohol or Nero to burn a backup. Then, once burned, don't even attempt to try to run the game, the verifying disc icon will come up and stay there forever. Therefore, once installed, do not put your backup in, instead look on a P2P network, for example like bitcomet, and you will find a patch, that will replace your granny.dll, sacred.cfg, etc files by simply extracting the files from the patch and overwriting them into the sacred file. This will in return, allow you to play the game without the disc, and have no restrictions that I know of in single player mode. I have not tried multiplayer, but it should also work. I got the 1.66 version, and it worked like a charm.

Great game I have to say, I've never played a game that offered easily more than 60 hours+ of gameplay, worth buying, and worth looking for the sequel sacred 2...but wait for it!! Because I am sure, it will also have lots of bugs like its predecessor.

18. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Oh! A new problem this time around. This time it is Sacred Underworld, the expansion of the game. I've succesfully backed it up, however, I cannot get to start it.

At first it told me I needed vclport_646.dll to start the damned game, once I installed the file, and clicked on the icon to start the game, it gave me nothing.

Anybody out there succesfully backed up and played sacred underworld?

19. Argento_L

Argento_L Member

Hi, I`m getting the same problem with Sacred Gold
    It copies fine but fails the dvd validation..

Does anyone have some ideas ??

Thanks in advance.

20. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Hmm, the only way to find a solution for it, would be to go on a P2P network. You need to replace almost all the files with similar icons. However, I cannot find any that work.

Unless you can manually override the cd validation tool, but that I haven't the slightest of ideas of what to do.

Maybe someone at afterdawn can find a solution???