1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Sacred

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bbiagllla, Apr 11, 2005.

1. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

I checked out gamecopyworld.com, but I can't remember if they had the fix for sacred gold. Worth the check just the same.

2. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Ok well its official, I've tried everything for Sacred Underworld and nothing seems to work.

Anyone out there know how to get the fix, patch, whatever, to make this darned thing work?

3. Strutu

Strutu Member

same here ... i tryed 4 days to make a copy to work on sacred underworld but no lucky for me ... so i play with my original dvd until maybe someone will succed to make it work :(((((

4. Argento_L

Argento_L Member

Well well it looks like we have a winner here,almost in any case nonetheless.. its only a game !!!

will keep u updated

thanks for all the effort.

Cheers

5. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Well nothing seems to work.

6. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

And nobody is offering tentative solutions!!

7. jester69

jester69 Member

Look I bought the game ages ago, but the CD will not verify because there is a damaged area around the core of the disk...not the game data, the game installs fine. But it throws off the cd verify.
    Ok so I look for a NOCD for Sacred, so I dont need the disk anymore right? After patching to 1.8.... I installed the NOCD from the gamecopyworld.com site. Game starts just fine. I pick a character, and bronze and hit next. The ingame screen pops up, but then it fades to black. And stays that way. Is there any way to get around it? Is it some sort of protection? Any way to disable it?
    Im no pirate, like i said, I bought the game. Just want to get to play it again.

8. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

The screen should not go black, the same happened to me, its copy protection circumventing the faulty patch.

Let's face it, the patch doesn't work. Sacred, the game itself, worked just fine for me, and I had the 1.66 version. However, when I tried Underworld, this is when it happened. I could choose characters, etc, but when it came to gameplay, I could not get out of the first stage, nor could I play sacred on the underworld add on.

So yes, the patch didn't work, so I am wondering how other people got it to play.

9. jester69

jester69 Member

maybe we should just try 1.66?

10. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

thats got nothin to do with underworld, just sacred.

11. l33tech

l33tech Member

Yo, hot_ice don't worry bro I'm still here working on it myself, i have sacred gold now as well. I think i may of found a way to take the files off the original cd that the program looks for while starting up. Then you make like a mini-image load it with an emulation software of your choice, then go here:

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils.shtml

look for an emulation detection blocker. Load your mini image and cross your fingers. I'm sorry i haven't had much time to work on it.
    I have two kids and not much time. You actually probably won't even need a mini image just make a complete image with whatever software you like, and try that, if you'll also notice there is a file in the cd main directory called VOB-PCD.key i assume that is part of what is needed just haven't had enough time to run the tests to figure out what is going on here.

Soon as i know i'll drop a line.

PEACE PEEPS,

L33tech

12. l33tech

l33tech Member

Ok, this is the low-down on Sacred Underworld Gold:
    This method works to successfully back-up and bypass the CD check.
    First:
    Go here: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    Download the trial version of CloneCD.
    I figured why try to decrypt the copy protection.
    Why not just let CloneCD copy the whole CD bit for bit.
    Once again it prevailed!
    Second:
    After I made a successful back-up, I used the emulating software I always use.
    I think it’s the latest version:
    Alcohol 120% version 1.9.5 (build 4212) – I assume Daemon Tools would also work but I haven’t tried it. Also, I don’t know if an older version of alcohol will work either. I’ll leave these up to you guys.
    But, that’s it! Simplest method I could devise, hope this helps.

Doesn’t make since to me, Alcohol couldn’t make the appropriate image, but it could emulate the image made by CloneCD.
    Go figure Right!

Peace Peeps,

L33tech

13. hot_ice

hot_ice Member

Pretty simple! But great idea, I will try it out, thanks a million Leetech, much appreciated!