1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying the DVD-Rom portion of an original DVD

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by srstapro, Apr 25, 2004.

1. srstapro

srstapro Member

Some DVD Movies have a DVD-ROM portion on the original Disk. When useing DVD-X Copy Express and choosing the "Entire Disk" option to back-up the original, the DVD ROM portion of the original did not copy. Is there a way to do this?

2. srstapro

srstapro Member

Oh well... My mistake.. I thought this might be a serious avenue to get answers to questions.. My mistake

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Sometimes it takes time to aswere questions.

In backing up a DVD, if there are files on the disk there is a very easy way to do this.
    1. Start DVD-Xcopy as normal
    2. When the screen comes up asking to insert the blank disc, go to your temp folder and look for the DVDxcopy folder that was just created. Move this folder to somewhere else on your hard drive.
    3. Close DVDxcopy
    4. Using Select all (Ctrl A) and then holding down ctrl unselect video and audio folders. then copy and paste to the DVDxcopy folder.
    5. Then open a burning software progam like Nero or Roxio, and burn the DVDxCopy video, audio folders and the all the files moved there. Use disc at once to burn the disc.

I say to select all as if you don't have show all files set up in you browser, you can miss hidden files.