1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying the Sopranos Box Set series 1

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by fatboysyt, Feb 25, 2003.

1. fatboysyt

fatboysyt Guest

Hello i asked this before and was reccommended dvdxcopy. i didnt realise that it would make one cd into two.
    is there any way of copying these discs into one dvd???
    the problem is that the dvd has to diff VOB files for each episode on the disc so will rip one but not the other if i use dvd decryptor and dvd2one it comes with only one episode even though there are 2 on the disc

2. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

I am in the same boat. I am trying to copy some box sets. I will be using smartripper and dvd2one, but you said you only get one episode.

Have you selected all the vob's? Or are you just selecting one set of vob's?

I will check in to see if we can get some input here. I will also look around for some info.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If there are more than 1 episodes on 1 dvd, then you have to rip each episode seperatly, same applies to Band Of Brothers. I'm having difficulty finding an image to show you so you can see with your eyes how this process. My "instructional" on how to do this would more than likely confuse you even more. Maybe dela or Sefy can provide an image or small guide on how this task is done.

Shoey

4. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

For starters, thanks for the bit of info there. I am gathering that I will have to treat each episode like a movie. I guess that I will have to make seperate rips to there own folder, but somehow join all episodes together with a proggie like TMPGE. Or, when all files are done, burn a DVD-R as a multi-file DVD. Am I on the right track?

5. fatboysyt

fatboysyt Guest

ive not had much time to research this at the moment, but i waws using dvd-decryptor to get the macro off, then dvd2one to push it to one dvd, but as it seems to have two session for some reason theres no option for putting the two sessions onto one dvd.
    Actualy just thougt of something.
    i could convert the dvd to Avi with the two separate episodes then use Pinnacle dv studio to create a dvd, and put both sessions in there which also creates your own home made menu, but sounds a bit long winded and must be an easierp process out there

6. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

I have tried to research this topic, but no luck. Other ppl are in the same boat here. I will keep plugging away.

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

mobboss01,
    Not a good idea to do that but if you wan't to, go for it. The main problem here is you ifo files for each episode. My backup of band of Brothers is complete and the video quality is superb! (SVCD).

Shoey

8. chidui

chidui Member

check out club.cdfreeks.com...dvd2one forum.. they have a guide that will solve your problem

9. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

Thanks chidui,

Will look at the dvd2one forum.

10. lasiter

lasiter Member

Ok this is what i did with band of Brothers series as i ripped both episodes off the disk using smart ripper i made seperate folders for both and selected each angle accordingly so i ended up with first folder with vob 0-4 and second folder with vob 4-9 and as i wanted to keep them as one disc and they didnt actually corolate (pardon my spelling)i wanted to use flask mpeg so i went back and renamed the ending numbers as 1-8 so that flask would read them all in series and then moved all files into one folder and flasked them as one movie. I hope this makes some sense it is a difficult task to explain

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

lasiter,
    What format are you converting to? (VCD or SVCD). Will you be burning to a cd-r or a dvd-r?

Shoey

12. lasiter

lasiter Member

I Convert mine to VCD on CDR's

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

14. fatboysyt

fatboysyt Guest

DVD2one s latest version will copy a whole disk as it is now, but only if the copyright is removed ie via a prog like dvddecryptor
    thing is is there a program that will decrypt a whole disk and not just the film itself like decryptor does???

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVD2One is geared for making dvd backups to dvd-r. The programs "shrinks" the vob files to help you get a dvd movie that is over 4.7 gigabyte to burn to a dvd-r. It can be useful for converting DVD2SVCD when dealing with long movies (Pearl Harbor) IF you wan't to create bin& cue format. Last time I encoded Pearl Harbor, I ran OUT of hd space. I used DVD2One to shrink the vob files, then converted to SVCD using DVD2SVCD 1.1.2 and was able to create bin& cuue. Sometimes you have to give a little to get alot (hehe). Method works, lol.

Shoey

16. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Answering a few of the questions and possibly going over old ground....

Use DVD Decrypter in File Mode and select all under the edit menu. That will select the entire disc, not just the main movie.

Process using DVD2ONE 1.1.1 and you will get a full disc copy just under DVD-R capacity, which should work just dandy.

The whole point is a simple solution, rather than using lots of software and taking up time.

Paul

:)

17. fatboysyt

fatboysyt Guest

thankyou loaded ur a star
    i just needed that little bit of clarification and wasnt sure on the file mode bit that should work a treat

ur the man
    any one got a crack for dvd20ne version 1.1 latest version or will i have to buy it >???

18. loaded

You may see next to my name the word Moderator. That means that if you piss me off, you might find your membership inactive quicker than you can say 'illegal download'. One more question asking for cracks and you will piss me off.

Paul.

PS : You will have to buy it.

19. Shoey

Shoey Guest

loaded,
    A DVD that is a DVD9 (double layer > 4.37gb) but main movie + audio is > 4.37gb. Will the method you just posted without any additional tools burn to 1 dvd-r?

Shoey

20. loaded

In the old days you would need to author the disc with IFOedit, even if the main movie was less than 4.36 GB. Now, whatever the size of the main movie, you can compress it into exactly 4.36 (or in fact any size you want) with only DVD Decrypter (to rip and de encrypt the movie), DVD2ONE (to process the movie and 'author' it) and whatever burnign software.

As far as a movie only, single disc solution, IMHO there is nothing better!

Paul.

PS, so in answer to your question, yes it will work, but for ANY size movie, not just 4.36GB, but if all you are planning to burn is the main movie, there will be no need to select all the files in DVD Decrypter, just the one which are selected by default.