1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying The Wild movie

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by golfer007, Jan 28, 2007.

1. golfer007

golfer007 Member

I am trying to copy the movie, The Wild. I have tried different combinations of DVD Decrypter, VOB Blanker, AnyDVD and keep getting the same problem. After ripping it, running it through DVD Shrink, and burning it with Nero, when it is played back, about every 20 seconds the bottom to half of the screen starts to "flutter". Any suggestions on what might be causing this, and what I kind do to stop it?

Thanks...

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This seems like a burning problem. What brand of discs are you using.
    How did you burn it? Can you post a log file?

3. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Dialysis1 may have it. Bad media is bad news.

I had no problems with this movie using Shrink and AnyDVD. AnyDVD has updated to 6.1.1.4 and it seems to have solved several issues.

Also, look at dialysis1's sig and click on ripit4me. It is a great way to use Shrink and Decrypter.

4. golfer007

golfer007 Member

The movie seems to copy OK, and will play OK if I turn off captioning on the DVD player itself. Turning it off in the movie does no good. So I guess it is OK for now. Just hadn't seen anything like this before. And yes I did try RipIt4Me....works nice, but with the same result.

Thanks...

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

When you get to Shrink or in CloneDVD make sure you are not selecting the subpicture. Use this only if you want the subtittles. If not you can encode without that bit. I know it is under the Compression Tab in Shrink after the movie has been scanned in but before encoding. This may help with the lower screen fluter without having to turn subtitles off at your standalone player.

Are you using subtittle transparencies in AnyDVD?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  6. golfer007

golfer007 Member

No, I will give both suggestions a try....Thanks