1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying using Dvd xcopy xpress problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Miuman, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Miuman

Miuman Guest

Okay.. I was doing everything fine.. copying etc.. and one day... (the other day) the disk will not finalize now. It reads the disk, and when it writes.. it gets to the end and it says (Writing Disc Error) I took out the dvd burner and put it in another machine and it works.. So could someone please give me an idea why this is doing this? Its obviously not the burner... so i dont know what to do.. please help.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

try installing a aspi layer. And a newer version if you haven't done so already.

I believe most current Xpress is v3.2.1

Also, future XCopy questions should be posted in Afterdawn's XCopy forum: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

3. Miuman

Miuman Guest

Sorry about the post in the wrong section.. As for the aspi layer... I got something that told me which version i had... and I didnt even have an aspi layer on there.. so i installed the newest version. Decrypter works... haven tried 321 yet.. (at work now). but question is.. how come it was working that whole time.. and then it would just stop... maybe it finally realized my aspi layer wasnt there? who knows... ill let ya know later on about 321... and thanks.