1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Xbox Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by adr_255, Jan 25, 2004.

1. adr_255

adr_255 Member

I have already installed a mod chip and evolutionx on my xbox, but I can't seem to copy games from the original. if anyone knows how to do this please give me a [bold]full[/bold] rundown on how to do this. if you can please inlude the exact software and media that you use. Thanks.

2. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

There are loads of threads about how to do this you should do a search first

3. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

if you look at the first thread for eg. Backup xbox imformation ect.. there is a link to seamonkeys guide

4. adr_255

adr_255 Member

I have already done everything that all the seamonkey guides, and everyone else has been saying, [bold]BUT IT STILL WON'T WORK![/bold]Is there another way, or what am I doing wrong. Help me Seamonkey!

5. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Do you know how to FTP into your xbox from your PC? Do you have the factory hard drive installed or do you have a larger after market hard disk installed? I also need to know where you are getting stuck.

6. adr_255

adr_255 Member

Yes, I already used flashfxp to ftp into my xbox. I have exchanged the hard drive to a 120GB hard drive so i have installed games onto the hard drive. I got everything done. I got the files from the disk, created an iso using xIso by Yursoft an burned it with Nero 6. When I put it in the xbox and try to play it it dosen't work and just goes to the evox dashboard everytime, even after rebooting. I tested the original game and that loads. I don't know what's wrong. Please help me.

7. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

It is one of 2 things, your xbox is having problems with the media you are using or try using craxton with the GDFImage.exe to make the ISO. If the game will play on the hard drive then you know that the .xbes are being patched good. Try a different media like +R in place of –R. Do you know what DVD drive you have, Thompson, Samsung etc.?

8. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

usr craxtion to make the iso and patch the .xbe files, and use RecordNow MAX to record, i just got it to work yesterday, which was the first time i tried with either of those and it worked like a charm

9. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

in nero , are you using >recorder (button at top)
    then >burn image button >then find iso
    if your computer can read that newly burnt disk then you might have just copied the iso instead of making the xbox image. let us know

10. adr_255

adr_255 Member

My PC doesn't read the disk either. I have tried using xIso by Yursoft and Isomaker by CdrSkull and GDF Image. I am yet to use craxton. I've been burning the disk using Nero 6. I have tried multiple media types. It still won't work. I've been burning mostly at 2.4X Speed, should I change that. Or does it make a difference?

11. pong3

pong3 Guest

Yes it matters what type of media you are using because not all xboxs will read everything. Also, try burning a game at the slowest speed. It may take longer, but it will ensure it comes out correctly.
    And like everyone has said, dont use xiso to make an image file.

12. Stevo2

Stevo2 Member

I have tested loads of software over the last year and i arrived at this combo....
    If d/l ing from xbox HD
    Simple iso(get form xbox scene), nero6, Datawrite yellow DVD-r.
    Open nero, chose recorder/burn image. Nav to the iso.
    check Finalise cd and burn at the lowest speed.
    Job Done!
    If D/L ing from xbox DVD drive, same as above but use craxton instead of simplex

My xbox has a crappy Thomson drive but i haven't had a sigle dwarf frizbi yet.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  13. Stevo2

Stevo2 Member

14. adr_255

adr_255 Member

I have already tried using Simple Iso but it will not show up at all. I have heard that you are not supposed to burn Xbox ISOs with Nero, is this true, and if it is please let me know what program I should use. Also, a friend of mine has given me a stack of games that work perfectly and they are on DVD+r, do you suggest using the exact same media, or trying another one.

15. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

adr I use both +/- r's in My xbox and all work fine I burn with nero 6 and it works fine 4 Me

16. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

adr_255 to be honest
    Jslayer (Member) 28 January 2004 18:16
    usr craxtion to make the iso and patch the .xbe files, and use RecordNow MAX to record

he got it right have you tried his way it's what i do i also use nero 6 2 burn an iso using the image burn method and NEVER had a coaster unless it was MY error

Last edited: Feb 14, 2004
  17. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

oh!!!! i look like ..i find a right place to ask...
    you guys all expert for back up xbox games..can you tell me where can i downdload those software to burn xbox game ( i have a xbox with executer and 120 g hd)

please help...i very new to this...burn xbox games..

18. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

well you need iso craxtion that can be got from

craxtion.com

theres 4 files you download ocx files you copy n paste those to windows systems or windows 32 I just placed them in systems others put them in both

and remember to patch n batch when you back up after that not much help not an expert ere

DaOsT

19. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

thanks Daost..
    can you or anyone please help me how to connect a pc to xbox for copy game...my xbox(xecuter2,120g hd) .this how my xbox setup management:
    NETWORK
    Type
    Ip no Ip!
    Lime status stoped!
    Ethernet MAC address!
    Setup network yes
    Use static IP no
    IP 192.168.1.200
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    default wateway 192.168.1.1
    DNS 0.0.0.0
    DNS 0.0.0.0
    Setup delay 5
    skip setup if no link yes
    HARD DISK
    c: 369mb
    E: 5gig
    F: 98gig
    X: 578mb
    Y: 578m
    Z: 786mb
    BIOS
    BIOS Version unknown
    Kernel Version 1.00.4979.06
    Xbox hardware info 00000032A3D4
    FTP
    Enable yes
    Password xbox
    In game reset yes
    Telnet
    Enable yes
    RDtools
    Enable yes
    Name EVOX
    In game reset yes
    Clock
    Jump to MS dash no
    Jump if no link yes
    24 hour no
    Swapdate yes
    SNTP Server 216.244.192.3

this is how my xbox setup my game is install in F drive....can you help me out please..i known when i write this i very stupid..(i don't known much about pc) can you tell me what i need ( software and hardware)...thank again Daost and anybody wanna help me out...

20. gathering

gathering Member

i don't know why my games don't work. first i ftp to my xbox and copied the game that i rented and then i made it to iso with lots of iso programs like xbox iso manager, xiso, and XXXiso, and more and then i tried burning with nero 6 with the lowest speed and then i tried on my xbox and it dousn't work. i wasted like 5 dvd on doing this. can some1 help me or tell me what i did wrong or what i m missing.