1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Zoo Tycoon

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by themick07, Apr 21, 2005.

1. themick07

themick07 Member

I didnt know where to post sorry if it is in the wrong spot. i am having serious trouble coping zoo tycoon complete edition. if any one knows of a program that will do it please tell me.

thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. themick07

themick07 Member

I have tried the programs that you said but it doesnt work. please help me i dont know what i am doing wrong. if you need to know anything please let me know.

4. Nephilim

Ok first things first - what make/model drive are you using?

Once we know what drive you're using we can decide which software and settings will work the best.

5. themick07

themick07 Member

i have a Samsung TS-H552U i dont know if it is any good but that is what i have.

thanks again for all the help

6. Nephilim

Ahhhhh, that's your problem right there.

To make a successful copy of a protected PC game the protection needs to be written back to the disc very accurately and it requires that your drive be able to write EFM correctly which your Samsung cannot.

Your best bet at this point would be to use Alcohol 120% and all it's emulation options. Emulation can make up for the drive's inability to correctly write the protection back to disc but it also requires A120 to be installed for the emulated copy to work.

To enable emulation open A120 and look for "Emulation" on the left side of the main window. Go ahead and click it then check all three options then click OK. Once you've done this try making another copy and see if that doesn't help.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  7. themick07

themick07 Member

It doesnt seem to work. it continues to have disc read errors at 1048 and so on. i dont really know what this means. but i would like to thank you for all of your help.

one more question. i aslo have a optorite dd0401 somewhere else, would this drive work any better.

thanks again

8. Nephilim

Disc errors are normal for SafeDisc protected games - it's part of how the protection works. Just let A120 do it's thing and it'll get past the errors eventually. I don't believe your Optorite will be much better than your Samsung but it also couldn't hurt to slap it in your PC and give it a try :)

9. themick07

themick07 Member

thanks for all of your help. i let it run for quite some time but eventually like you said it overcame the problems and made a copy.

thanks again for all of your help

10. Nephilim

Anytime champ :)