1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyrighted Video to DVD?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by amazear, Feb 2, 2005.

1. amazear

amazear Member

Gang,

I've got a fairly rare movie on VHS that I really want to put on DVD. How do I do this. I've tried Intervideo DVD, but the copyright protection stops me.

I am running a HP Media Center with all the input jacks. I can get it to work with regular videos, just not copyrighted.

Thanks!

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

im not familiar with your particular set up however if you are using a two or three lead output from your vcr then you will need a clarifier between the video cable and the input to the recorder .see facetvideo.com. what the clarifier does is kill the copyright protection which is on the video side oe vhs movies.hope this inf.help.

3. pfh

pfh Guest

If you have a JVC vcr you can try and enable the built in video stabilizer thru it's menu commands. This may or may not help.

4. BobTammik

BobTammik Member

I know this is not what you are looking for but I have managed to copy both PAL and NTSC copyright tapes to DVD using a Philips DVDR75 recorder. For one tape the cost is not worth it - however if you have lots of tapes you want to transfer to DVD then this becomes a pretty simple and elegant solution.