1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyrite Issues!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SPIKISH, Mar 20, 2007.

1. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

ok, im not asking how to take evade copyrite issues when burning dvd's, i wanna know how to place them on my burns of dvd movies.

For example when i burn a movie at my house i am always allowed to make an exact copy of it once im done with no problem. Now, when i burned the same exact movie at a friends house, when i tried copying it in nero it told me that i couldnt copy it because of copyrite issues or something of that matter, the point is i was not allowed to make a copy of it. Thats what i want. i want that when i burn a movie, no one else can copy it, or at least its not as simple to copy as it normally is. anyone heard of this in nero, any options in the program to make this happen?

thanks alot guys ill reply quickly

one

ps. u might see this posted somewhere else in case it does not fall under this forums rules ;)

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You can forget adding copy protection to a dvd.
    The movie studios spend tens of thousands of dollars, and can't stop copying, so you can forget it.

Your friend just didn't have the same software that you do, to bypass the copy protection.

3. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@SPIKISH

as having member status I'm surprised that you asked such an asinine question. You should know better.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

SPIKISH and why do you need to put copy protection on your backups? if you are trying to keep people from copying your backups, don't loan them to people, that was easy, also this topic has been asked many times here at afterdawn, if you were to use the search button you would of found the answer to your question, good luck

5. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

@res2cue

Dude, Was that necessary?

6. res2cue

res2cue Guest

for the amount of times this question has been asked, by a person that has been here and participated long enough to gain member status, yes I think it was fair.

7. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

@res2cue
    You are right. He could have used the search (should have). IMO I Don't think there is Any asinine Question. This Question Will Never go Away. It seems OK For one Person to Copy A Movie But Not Another. Maybe the Person that Ask the question Should examine His ethics. In an earlier response to this question, the Answer was simple put into terms everone can understand "NO".

I will Always reply NO, If you Will. It's the Nice thing to do.

8. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@barry:

The asinine part was asking if there was some way to put protection on. If Sony and others can't get, why would anyone else think it's possible? I could care less who he lets copy, trust me, I am no one to judge others morals. I personally think there is no stupid question... but this one borders, and someone with member status shouldn't have to ask something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The real question here is: Why couldn't he copy the copy in Nero? I just took my Blood Diamond disc I did last night and stuck it into Roxio and Nero Copy DVD programs (with AnyDVD disabled) and was able to start the rip with no trouble. It would have copied. AnyDVD had removed the copy protection from the disc and Recode shrunk it to fit on a 4.7gb Disc. The copy was unprotected. His copy should have been unprotected too. And Nero should have copied it, unless his was just a bad burn. JM2C

10. res2cue

res2cue Guest

That's what he wants, he wants to place protection on those copied discs, so his friends can't copy them. It was the original disc he couldn't burn. (least the way I understand his original post)

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

What I'm getting is he copied same movie on Friend's pc and then tried to copy the copy with Nero on friend's pc, he wasn't able. I know he wants to copywrite his own copies(impossible), but why couldn't he copy the copy?

edit:spelling

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Maybe that is the problem. Instead of "copyright", he wants to "copyrite". Must be the difference.....:)

13. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I think what he meant was "when I attempted to burn at a friends house it wouldn't, how can I make my backups fail also?"

It is the whole attempting to copyright a copy he made that I have been refering to and questioning.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The point I was trying to make is: the copy should have copied on his friend's pc because it should NOT have any encryptions on it.I can copy any copy I make without anything special because the DRMs have been removed.

15. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@garmoon: I agree 100%, the issue here is that he wants to know a way so that his copies won't be able to be copied by his friends. He used the original at his friends and his PC wouldn't do it because of the protection. He wants to know a way to place that protection on his copied discs. It is because of the fact that his copies don't have protection and can be copied easily that he is looking for a way to protect them on his own.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

His use of the term "burned" confused me. When he said he "burned it at a friend's house", to me that means he has copied (actually burned the finished disc)it there. If he meant ripped, then there was never a copy made. I give up anyway cause the little piker hasn't been back to find his answer or post clarification.

17. res2cue

res2cue Guest

you know what? you are absolutely right.. where is he? I think we are all reading his original comments differently, no point discussing if we really don't know for sure what heis talking about now is there...

18. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

rofllll, ok ok sorry for the late reply guyss.. "whew" this ones gonna be fun, OK.

THIS PARAGRAPHS FOR RESCUE:
    First of all, rescue you need to relax. Just relax, simply say you dont know the answer, or you dont understand whats goin on, it would be much better.... i believe people in afterdawn calling peoples questions asinine is pretty much seen everyday and i belive its looked down upon.. i know when i see someone saying "that questions DUMB", i just say, "ok , heres another retard who cant hold his own piss to put a fire out",, please just relax... Maybe my question is stupid, i dont care, i just wanted to see if someone could help, and it seems many "civilized" people in here can take out some time to try to help, and i praise you guys, for the others who just displace questions as ridiculous and dumb just because they have no idea whats going on really disapoints me..

THIS PARAGRAPH IS TOO CORRECT MYSELF "SORRY"
    jvc= OK, i understand your point about movie industries, and your right, but this is whats goin on. i made a mistake on my 1st post, this is what i meant to say. my friend had an original movie in which he made a backup. Now, he made me a copy of the backup. Ok. When i go home, i try to make a copy of the copy he made me, but it does not allow me to copy it because of copyrite issues supposedly. Normally i would be able to just copy it and thats it. Ive done it with original movies that have millions of copyrite protections on it, in which i see people in here(afterdawn)having difficulties to copy them and asking people how do i copy this movie. To answer your question, i was not at his house trying to copy it, i was on my computer trying to copy it, in which, my computer has all the anydvd and copyrite evasion tactics possible. so this is where my problems at..

BerryOne
    I applaud you for being a gentleman and a MAN with morals and patience. Its seems my question is so far off common i shouldve just searched in here and i apologize for that. The reason i asked this, and this goes to rescue, is because it has never happened to me where i cannot copy someones "copy", as if my friends computer has some kind of setup where every copy he makes is restricted and noone can copy his copies. In fact my friend is a retard compared to me, when it comes to copying movies, so i doubt he even knows how he did this. But thats why i came in here to ask, its obvious its only on his computer when he makes a copy i cannot make an exact copy of it.
    But, once again, berryone, i really see your response as a true reflection of what type of person you are, which is very rare nowadays, with all these quick to react idiots, i applaud you.

To GarMOON
    hoping you see my problem now, i was not trying to make a copy of an original, it was a copy to copy burn. Normally it works, but for some reason when the copy is from my friends house i cant copy it, very weird, but obviously i can just rip it with dvd decryptor and then burn from my hard drive, but thats not my situation.

To Everyone.

ok , im really exhausted explaining myself, and this is not being negative towards anyone, i seriouslly am exhausted writing so damn much ;) lol, but i guess my question is kinda far-off, i just realized something different coming from my friends pc when he made copies and believed it was possible to have my pc act the same way my friend does. Thats why i asked if there was any settings or maybe specific procedures on making this happen. I guess not, i wll continue to research, in which i did, just not in afterdawn, but it seems this question has no resolving to it besides it being simply an asinine question, which i dont believe makes it true that i should stop finding a way to accomplish what im asking.
    so i will continue my dumb journey lol, and continue staring in awe at my fu^%ing dumb friends pc... lolll

thanks alot this was fun
    one

19. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

rescue please dont call any of my questions asinine ever again, just say no u cant do that, go research or, this questions been around just read around dude, it wouldve been such a smoother ride believe me, i really dont like getting at people like this, especially on a PC. so please backoff dude

one

20. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

SPIKISH that is a strange one you have there, once a backup has been made you should be able to make a backup of the backup, with nero,ashampoo or any other burning program, i can say that i have never had a backup that i could not make a copy of, because once you have made a backup of the movie the copyprotection has been removed, so you must of done something wrong, did this only happen with just one disk, or has it happend quite a few times? what programs was the orignal backup made with?