1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyrite Issues!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SPIKISH, Mar 20, 2007.

1. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@SPIKISH

the question you asked was not how to copy this movie, your question was how to add protection to a movie. If I feel it is asinine, I will call it that regardless of what you think... now, if you want to know how to copy that movie, ask and you will receive a proper answer.
    Do not tell me to relax if you misproperly ask the question you want answered. I not once have ever called anyones question stupid or dumb, don't mis-quote me because there is no such thing as a stupid question however asking how to add protection is exactly what I called it... asinine.

Now to answer your question, if it was a copied movie, you should have been able to copy it easily, copyright protections do not transfer once removed, I think it was a bad burn, poor media or a combination of the two, however, tell us what movie it was and we'll see if we can help you.

I personally don't think I've been a jerk, however if I have report me and the mods will discuss it with me

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  2. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

I've had in a few cases actually, this same issue. I had made copys for myself, and tried to copy my copy, only to have it fail. The "original copy" was made using AnyDVD & DVDShrink. The "copied copy" was attempted with both Nero 6 and CloneCD. That is CloneCD, NOT CloneDVD. After becoming curious, I played around and was able to pin down the "uncopyableness" to burning @ high speeds. Didn't make much sense to me, but I was able to reproduce it everytime. As for copying those particular discs, I just reripped them with DVDDecrypter, and burned with Nero as usual. Hope this helps a little.
    As I see it, the question is valid. I've loaned a few movies and CDs out only to have them loaned to others recopied, and sold for profit.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I stand by my original post 90%. I assumed your were trying to copy the copy on friend's pc and not your's. The copy he made has defects somewhere, because the first time it's copied, the DRMs should have been removed. A copy can be copied. And there is nothing you can do to stop it being copied, short of making crappy backups that barely play!

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

oh come on, you were more than 90% correct...

5. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

I agree that it is NOT a copy protection. It IS a crappy backup, lol!

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Since you don't even own the original......Can't help....

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm with Bilbo65 on this one after SPIKISH so kindly described what he was trying to do. It sounds to me like he is taking his friends copy of a movie and creating his own copy of a movie he does not own, and I am sure others here do the same so it is not a moral issue, but one of the rules here on AD and forbiddin. Now if SPIKISH actually owns these movies then my apologies, but I would speculate he doesn't own them or he wouldn't have a problem backing them up himself. I would never call anyones question assnine, but this would would be close especially since SPIKISH is at member status.

8. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

Well my friend did the usual , used nero to copy, i seem to understand now that its not a copyrite situation thats going on. it only happened once, but its brain boggling, and would be cool if i knew how to do this, but being that its only when i burned it at my friends house and hes clueless, theres really no explanation on his behalf.

rescue, why dont you just answer all the time in a proper fashion? Not able to do this? It doesnt really matter dude, godspeed. Allow me to retort your response, i always use good media, and i really do think now, it was a bad burn.

Ahia, thanks for the validity on behalf of my question. ima go to my friends house today and do the same thing again, burn a movie on his pc, then try to copy at my house,but this time at a really slow speed see if it works... thanx

Yes i do own the original bbmayo, the original is to scratched to play and my friend just happened to have a backup in which he illegally made ;)(i love ratting my friends out j/k) thanks for the imput mayo

ima try this out again and ill respond,, to finish

9. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I know how to put an encryption on those disc so nobody can copy the disc just send a check in advance for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.99 dollars and you can download it tonight Hey I'll even send you a 50 pack of blank disc to get started for free

10. res2cue

res2cue Guest

but rbrock, that's not what he wanted to do.. remember? He made a mistake by asking that, he really meant to say something else. I checked his posts in the site, I can understand why he would ask such a question and have member status after looking him over. Atleast in this one he managed to converse without having to use the F bomb. Whatever, I realize that in this forum he might be number one at one thing.... backpeddling, he's done his fairshare in this post hasn't he?

11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  12. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

Yea,I played around with that program and while it will stop someone from making a quick copy it also makes the disc less compatable with home players.

13. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

Any idea how to get a copy? Even if is does make it less compatable with DVD players, I'm all for that! Bought a Disney movie latley? How about Sony? I thought that was the point of DVD technology... making the disc incompatable with the player. You mean we're actually supposed to WATCH those things?
    Anyway... I still want it.

14. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

You don't need that software. You can always manually add corruption. I was curious about that image, but it doesn't mount. Maybe you have to burn it, but I am not going to waste a DVD...

15. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

For Rescue

Hey, im gonna chime in on this one, i think this project from the italian gives some light into my "asininenesss". roflolllllllolol...You gotta admit that you wish you had known about this italian guys project before opening your big mouth? Even if the program doesnt work, you still must feel dumb. You have to admitt. Nuff said,

Hey rescue are you stalking me and my posts, dude thats a little weird,, are you searching all of my posts and analyzing my thoughts lol,, why dont you check the one out where i succesfully modded my 360 hitachi drive with an nec 3500ag when lots of people still have problems doing it, (to add, i do try to help these guys out whenever i can) or look wayy backkkkkkk when it was almost impossible to mod ps2's or backup ps2 games,, this one you have to lookkk reaalllly deepp, people where having problems doing this and i was succesful ( which i also went in and helped alot of people out) Im just saying if your gonna monitor my posts might as well monitor those. And not my f bombs.

To RbRock
    Maybe we can negotiate a deal and maybe lower the price a bit, its kinda hefty, but im in, ill pay you in pennies and dimes and ill ship it to you inside of rescues jarhead. lolll ;)

For All
    Thanks dialysis for the link 4 real. The italian guy really has something going on here, i just wish his english was a lil better, which he admitted himself ;) and i wish i could contact him. Im gonna look him up, not like rescue would, but respectably look him up. I imagine he's got updates like crazy on this project. I was reading the other forum he replied to on February and the link he gives i dont think has his program posted. I didnt see it, if anyone knows where to find it please fill me in.....

16. res2cue

res2cue Guest

who's laughing, if you think somehow this guy can do something with a disc that the big companies can't feel free to give them there your money and have fun. I can make a disc uncopiable, just remove the right files, but then you can't watch it either. The only reason I checked your other posts was because I was trying to validate how you could possibly be at member status, yet still be so "uninformed". I found my answer.

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What I and other members at that forum failed to notice was the date of that post. It seems some one brought up a post that was a year and a half old. Nothing happened with that project since. Probably because it will not work. Maybe back then it gave Decrypter and Shrink a hard time but not for today's software.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  18. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

Im glad you found your answer, how was it reading my posts? Dont worry i wont read yours, trust me, this minute thing goin on is just a little too small on my agenda to dwell on ;)

the point is not to make it totally uncopiable, your missing the whole point. Big companies want it to be totally uncopiable, and they never accomplished, thanks to programs like anydvd and hacked firmwares we can copy them. But you know what, theres still some people out there who dont know about these things and will never know. These are the people im targeting and need that extra little security on my personal dvds in which i do not want copied. Also, thanks to people like the Italian, someone is trying to re-reverse the process, get it. Its pretty simple, no need to get all ffuzzed up about it, if you think it was a stupid question, then fine, say what u will, next time just dont comment, thats all, u basically posted more than 5 posts about nothing, ur really not helping at all for anything dude.

19. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

being the new software out is kinda hardcore, i think ima start loaning my copies only to senior citizens over the age of 70, they should probably have problems copying my movies lolll

20. res2cue

res2cue Guest

SPIKISH wrote:
    yup, you might have to point them out, because they don't seem to exist, you follow the help of others and somehow think you are the star?

why not? You might actually learn something new, yes even you... Reading is the best way to learn, thats how most members in here get the knowledge they seek, except maybe those who really don't want to learn, because for whatever reason they think they already know it all... Sound like someone you know?

And I fit all my comments into one post, then wait for a response. Unlike you who posts multiple posts in a row to boost your post count, which is exactly how you got to member status.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007