1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correcting cell comands with remake pro

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by klemperal, Sep 2, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Mostly I have just been using DVD remake pro to trim down DVDs, so I don't really have to much experience with it's more advanced stuff. Anyhow, when I import a certain DVD into remake I see that the main title is highlighted in red saying along the lines of "vts 1/pgc 1/post command/infinite loop," and several other saying "command not allowed in domain." If you know how to fix such problems using DVDremake please let me know (I also have pgc edit so if you know how to fix the commands with that program let me know aswell).

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

some DVDs import this way..... it really isn't a problem. Why they do I don't know..... I only use DVDRemaker Pro to take out warning screens and edit the menu buttons and such! I really don't go into DVD structure too much..... I let DVDRemaker do it's thing! There are plenty of DVDs that when imported into the program have what you describe. This doesn't make it wrong or a problem. I do my thing with the program then export it to a folder .... if it plays on the hard drive and it did what I wanted it to do then I can process it to fit onto a DVD5 or if it's the correct length.... burn!!!!

3. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

What software do you use to rip with? RipIt4Me is good at fixing and clearing up some commands automatically. These commands are auto-generated by some authoring program. You can just ignore these red highlighted commands as most of them are useless and never execute. If they do, it's an authoring error and you'll notice your player will hang in some cases. The "infinite loop" line will probably never execute; otherwise, your DVD will appear to be hung. I would delete it just to be safe.

So either you leave them alone or fix them up. For me, I'll just delete them if nothing is referencing them since I don't want to see any reds before exporting.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  4. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

How exactly do you delete these commands? I used Ripit4me for the rip , and I'm also sure that the red highlight is a problem because the root menu will not allow me to access menu the buttons.

5. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

How exactly do you delete these commands? I used Ripit4me for the rip , and I'm also sure that the red highlight is a problem because the root menu will not allow me to access menu the buttons.

6. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Just hit the Delete key on the red highlighted command. If there is another highlight appears as a result of the delete, then it is referenced and I need more details to know what's going on. What command is the red highlight?

It could be this does not relate to accessing the menu, but from PUO (Prohibited User Operation) in certain parts of the DVD.

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Thanks for clearing that up for me Toaddub. As it turns out getting rid of the red or bad commands didn't solve the problem. I have only run into this problem a couple times (when the buttons on the root menu are not accessible or highlighted the first time accessed). The strange thing is that if I manage navigate to either the main movie, extras etc, once I get back to the root menu everything if fine--buttons and all. Have you, or anyone else, run into this problem before and if so how did you fix it? I was going to say it might be an issue with the jump to menu command on ripit4me--but now that I think about it I remember it happening on Crank with CloneDVD2.

8. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Do you have this problem on the original DVD? Or it is only after RI4M? The jump to menu command in RI4M is not the problem.

If the buttons are not accessible, you can export the buttons in another instance of the root menu and import the buttons into the problem root menu. If you hover over the button (mouseover action) and it is not highlighted, either the color schemes are not defined correctly or the subpicture highlight might be missing, which you can verify with SubRip. In any event, both cases rarely occur for the DVD must pass QC test before going into production.

9. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

This seems to be the problem (the buttons don't get highlighted) and your right, it is very rare seeing as this is only the second time it's happened. SubRip can fix this issue?

10. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Still haven't answered my first 2 questions.

11. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

no problem on original, only after RI4M.

12. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Have you tried not using the jump to menu option in RI4M? Are the settings based on the default? If still problem, then try DvdFab Decrypter.