1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corrupt file in azureus

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by xfact, Apr 11, 2007.

1. xfact

xfact Member

hello guys, im new to the forums, and just wondering if you guys can help out with a problem i have.

here it is, ever since my computer froze, and i had to reboot it (my programs were on at the time, such as azureus), every time i open azureus, something pops up that says

Azureus.exe - corrupt file
    The file or directory C:\$Mft is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

that is the exact words. what do i have to do in order to solve this problem? do i have to go to start/run and type in chkdsk? because i have already dont that, and it didnt work, im new to this kind of problem, so can any one help out?

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

its more of a software problem so you might get more help in the right thread.

my 2 cents

get rid of it, it uses java which causes more issues than i have time to cover, try utorrent or a.b.c. if you want to download torrents they are both much more resource friendly clients and for most people easy to use too.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried just uninstalling it with the control panel, then getting the newest version of the program and the Java runtime and re-installing them? That would be my first step.

Yes, it is a bit of a resource hog due to the Java, but still one of the best clients around. I have used most of them and Azureus usually connected to more seeds/leeches than most others would. Especially if you tweak it to run at full efficiency.