1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupt Icons.. a pain in the.... butt

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Jeremy699, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Ok.. i have looked at alot of forums and they all tell me to go in recovery and enabled "Hide corrupt icons" That shit dont work! LOL Does anyone know a real way to get rid of those damn icons?

Thxz

2. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Rename your homebrew folders...

__SCE__
    %__SCE__

at the beginning of the folder name Respectively

3. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

so wat i can gather from what your saying, is that i put __SCE__ or %__SCE__ at the beginning of the game folders? Such as... universal remote.. i have UR and UR_~1%... i would make them __SCE__UR and %__SCE__UR_~1%??

Im sorry if that makes me sound like un oober n00b, but i just cant comprehend what you mean! lol

4. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

__SCE__UR
    %__SCE__UR

should be just like that.

KXploit

Developed by the Spanish Killer-X, KXploit exploited a misuse of the sprintf function of the PSP by having another folder named exactly the same with a percentage sign after the file name (eg game and game%). The percentage folder contained no data aside from images and a PARAM.SFO. The folder without the % had only a DATA.PSP, the file containing the code. The problem with this exploit was that corrupted data would show on the memory stick (as well as the normal data). This was because the PSP would only see the program that had a PARAM.SFO file in it, the file inside the % folder. The file with just the program data would be seen as corrupted. However, this was shortly overcome by using two tricks. One would exploit the FAT16 system of the memory stick, and the other involved putting __SCE__ before the name of corrupted folder and %__SCE__ before the name of the normal folder (with the percentage sign at the end removed). Both tricks would remove the corrupted data, because the non-% folder would be invisible to the PSP, and still allow the EBOOT to be run. Many tools exist, like PSP Brew, Sei PSP Tool, and more, that automatically hide the corrupted data and organize your previously installed programs.

5. staxx

staxx Regular member

Wow nice, thanks vaindetta...up until now i was using sei psp tool.
    Your way is a lot less time consuming.

6. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Hey, Vain. Thanks man that worked great and it was alot simpler then the other crappy ones i tried! thxz man

7. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007