1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corrupt ipod HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by honey105, May 25, 2007.

1. honey105

honey105 Member

i have the 20GB click wheel ipod and i have had it now for a long time. only recently did my problem happen. i run ipod on windows and it reads it just fine and so does itunes but it says the ipod is corrupt. i tried restoring it but it says something like the resource is not available.
    what do i do?
    help please!!!

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Format it through 'My Computer'.

3. dbadge

dbadge Guest

my ipod also remains corrupt and won't restore. How do I format it with 'my computer'

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Right click it when it is in My Computer and press "format".

5. david94

david94 Regular member

plugg your ipod into your computer and go into my computer and the icon that is your ipods name right click and then format this will wipe clean you ipod and then itunes should restore its costom firmwire. have you any chance installed any running programme on it.
    like ipod linux or anything? this may be important to know

6. dbadge

dbadge Guest

Thanks for help. ipod now has the music on it but won't stay on. Plays a song for 30sec then goes off and won't come on again for about 10min. Any more ideas?

7. david94

david94 Regular member

well i have a problem like that when i play a song it skips and then moves onto the next one and on and on so i restore my ipod and this should work as it worked for me.

8. dbadge

dbadge Guest

ipod working. so far so good, thanks for all help. My laptop is very slow and giving rundll error as well as very frequently says program not responding and takes over 5 mins to switch between logged on users. I have norton but may need something else. any suggestions would be welcomed

9. blueseame

blueseame Guest

Now there are many iPod recovery software you can use to meet your needs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2007
  10. david94

david94 Regular member

ok so how much memory does your laptop have and how muck ram memory does ir have. do you have many programmes on it as this may be using up disk space and slowing down your laptop and do you run lots of programmes at one time as this will slow down your computer lots

11. dbadge

dbadge Guest

Forget about laptop for now thanks. I'll have a look at other forums

12. dbadge

dbadge Guest

this f...ing ipod is now frozen with apple logo on screen. It also froze while playing songs but reset pressing select and menu. Now it's doing nothing. I tried chasrging it at socket and in computer. Not recognised and still stuck. I may have to jump on it

13. david94

david94 Regular member

ok have you tried pressing the center and menu botton in both for 6 seconds until it reboots