1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupt Rar / Torrent ?!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jlrm365, May 2, 2005.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I have twice downloaded the same torrent file, from different portals.

The result are the traditional CD1, CD2 and sample folders.

I Unrar CD1's files and see a BIN file only. I move this to another folder to work on.

I Unrar CD2's files and see BIN and CUE files. I move the BIN to another folder to work on.

Within MPEG-VCR, there is a point at which the playback of the first BIN catches and stops.

Within ISO Buster, there is a point at which the extraction throws up error messages, concerning consecutive sectors.

Of course I can cut the piece that catches, but the output then looks strange.

The torrent's material comes from quite a reputable source and I have never had these problems before.

The strange thing is that, on Site A - that allows feedback, none of the downloaders seem to have problems.

On Site B, that also allows feedback, some people have recognised that a rar or two might be corrupt.

How come some seem to notice and others do not or choose not to comment (fear of looking foolish?)?

What is the best course of action?

Can the invidual rar files be examined? If so, how?

Can they individually be downloaded? If so, how?

Is it a case of waiting for another version of the same thing?

I do not want to wait for hours, for each download, to find the same errors!

2. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Second time WINRAR.

A RAR file is basactly a shell. Inside the shell is the MPG, AVI ect file.

RAR is just a form of ZIP.

Download WinRAR and open it. Select the RAR file and then click on the big button at the top that says EXTRACT
    It will extract the AVI MPG file so that you can burn it or convert it..whatever
    to download WinRAR:
    http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10350955.html?tag=lst-0-1

its a 1mb file so u got nothing to lose and alot to gain

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say.

I have WinRAR.

I have already said that I Unrar the CD folders.

The problem is from there, in the post.

4. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  5. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I started the unrar process from the last file in the CD1 folder and it seemed to produce both the BIN and CUE, whereas unraring from the first did not, so I have both BIN and CUEs for both CD1 and CD2 folders now.

"if you know which files you want to replace"
    I do not.

All I do know is where, either in the progress of one BIN or in the progress of both joined (watching in MPEG-VCR), the problem is.

Is there any way I can see the output of invidual RAR files, without unraring the whole bunch of them?

Assuming I can and have discovered which one contains the playback section with the problem, how do I then translate that knowledge into the process you have told me about (I do use BitTornado)?

6. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007