1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupted Data in mem card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rlaw3388, Sep 4, 2004.

1. rlaw3388

rlaw3388 Member

After using hdloader, ExecFTP, FAPLINK, I found three corrupted data on my mem card. I don't know how and which program generated these data and am not sure if it is safe to remove them. Does anyone know what they are and is it safe to remove them?

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

i noticed the same thing....

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

well i figured out that hdloader puts currupt data on you card, thats all i know really.

4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

it's only like 3kb or something like that, so it's not a big deal if you keep it on and it's not a big deal if you delete it, i think it's just like temp files or something, you can delete it if you want, but it comes back every time you boot hdloader.

5. rlaw3388

rlaw3388 Member

i have several of those. One is 3kb, but there is one that is ~400kb, another one ~100 kb. So it becomes a big deal. I just want to make sure it is safe befor I remove them because I don't want to spend hours to install all the great programs again on the mem card. Is it true that hd loader will create them every time it loads? Can someone confirm what they really are? Thanks.

6. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

it's nothing you have to worry about getting rid of, it's just some kind of temp file that the mem card exploits use, do you run more then one exploit from the mem card? if so then that's why there are multiple files of corrupt data, they're totaly safe to delete, the actual exploits and exploit files are hidden from the ps2, so you can't delete them from the browser. and you'll notice every time you start the program, the corrupted data will come back, so if you use a particullar mem card program lots, then you might as well leave the data on there, unless you really need the space, i use hdloader mostly, so i just leave the little 3kb file on there now, after i noticed i had to keep deleting it after everytime i ran hdloader, just wasn't worth the time deleting it everytime.

7. rlaw3388

rlaw3388 Member

Yes I have hdloader, hdadvance, ps2menu, execftp, faplink, and dmshddformat tool on the mem card. Thanks for your response. I will delete them accordingly.