1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corrupted file parts in emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Xtreme1, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Xtreme1

Xtreme1 Member

Just a simple question - I'm trying to download 2 files from emule and I keep getting messages in my log that various parts are corrupt eg. one file I'm d/l has 13 corrupt parts so far. I know emule tries to rectify this but my question is - is it better to just delete a transfer with so many corrupt parts. If not, does it just keep downloading and eventually after the long wait you just have an unuseable file? I'm fairly new to emule and still learning how things work. Thanks for any opinions.

Julie

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

certain things and ppl have servers dedicated to sending corrupted parts out

try peerrguardian2 or protowall in conjunction with blocklist master that should help:)

3. Xtreme1

Xtreme1 Member

Tks Daost for your reply. I should have explained that this problem has really only occurred in the last week since I switched from dial up to a broadband connection. I have forwarded the required ports for emule in the modem and have a static ip address etc. Today I tried downloading an audio file from another p2p system; properties showed the correct file size but there was no sound as it played. This also applied to a test audio file I d/l from emule. As for large files, as I previously said, I just keep getting corrupted messages in the log area.

I don't think it could be an ISP problem because my speeds fluctuate but are around 30kb/s and it would seem if ISPs are blocking you cannot get any sort of speeds up. When I was on dial up I did not have these problems.

So I'm not sure that peerguardian would help in that I think it's something to do with the change from dial up to broadband.

Anyone encountered anything similar?

Julie

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

yeah what your downloading is a fake file from a server placed there by the riaa the mpaa if you install peerguardian 2 and run it whilst you use emule you will see what I mean ......and how many servers and corrupt senders there are out there

hope it helps .......the file won't work because it was never intended to ......emule is now starting to be flooded with fake files like kazaa was :(

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

peerguardian simply blocks the ips of those servers it knows so that you wont recieve any where near as much or many fake files ......there are thousands out there.......

its very easy to install and much better on the cpu than the first one was if your machine is very old then it may not be wise to use it .............if you have planty of RAM it wouldnt take up much at all

try it n see but if you do only download it from here

bluetack.co.uk

6. Xtreme1

Xtreme1 Member

Daost - thanks so much for your detailed reply. I'm running a Pentium III 869MHz with 256MB of RAM. Do u think peerguardian will cope with that?

Julie

7. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

can't see much of a problem give it a try n good luck you truelly will be surprised when you see how many it blocks

good luck