1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corrupted psp games on memory stick

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pete1622, Jan 15, 2007.

1. pete1622

pete1622 Member

ok, i get my games from a legal website and am having trouble playing it once it is on my memory card. If i go under games on my psp, i see 2 icons, one saying "corrupted file" and one saying "Devhook". can some1 please help me with this i just need to know exactly what i need and wat i need to do to play this game on my psp.

2. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

what firware are u using.

3. pspcrazy2

pspcrazy2 Regular member

that happens with me sometimes. just ignore the corrupt icon and devhook should work fine.

4. Xithon

Xithon Member

True, you may sometimes get corrupted icons.

You can either ignore these or use a program called pspgo.

It's a brilliant program for hiding all your corrupted icons and arranging your games in the list in the way you want to, safely.

Either Google it or check the usual sites for PSP stuff like www.psp-hacks.com or http://dl.qj.net

I think I got my version from dl.qj.net, but I can't be 100% sure as I got it ages ago. It's great to use when you've got as many games in the folder as I have (over 20 easily).

Don't forget, homebrew won't work under any FW other than 1.0 or 1.5. So any homebrew you have must be run under those FWs. Some can run under other FWs, but I don't think there are very many. Use devhook to emulate a newer FW to play UMDs and simply run homebrew games and stuff straight from the game menu when you're under FW 1.5.

Hope that helps.