1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupted SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by smurillo, Mar 20, 2004.

1. smurillo

smurillo Member

Hello. I have tried a few times in a few different ways to make SVCD's with no success so far.
    It always ends up the same way: after I have encoded the video in MPEG-2 format using TMPGEnc (following the DVD to SVCD guide in AfterDawn.com) I can play the file without any problems; so far so good.
    But when I burn the SVCD using NERO or VCDImager they seem to work fine except the resulting SVCD doesn't really work, on my computer using PowerDVD nor on my standalone DVD player.
    Do you have any ideas of what it might be?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What speed are you Burning these SVCD"s??? Because you should allways burn the Files at the Lowest Speed Possible even at 4X speed if you can...This is because there is no error correction Data on VCD/SVCD"s like other CD Formats which Makes every error on the CD-r be read my your CD/DVD player...well I hope that helps ....Cheers

3. smurillo

smurillo Member

I have tried using the 4x speed because that's as fast as my cd burner goes with cd-rw's anyway.
    I see in the resulting structure of the SVCD there's a directory called MPEG2 which contains the video file. Shouldn't this file be the same I used to create the SVCD? Because it isn't and I can't play it.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes the AVSEQ01.MPG File is basicly the Same as the File you used to create the SVCD, it might be a Little Bigger or smaller but it is basicly the same...Well if there is something wrong with the file then maybe try useing different burning software, Or you can invest the $70 and get a DVD Burner which are far less troublesome than makeing (S)VCD"s...