1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could i do this?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by trav_555, Jan 16, 2008.

1. trav_555

trav_555 Member

ok ive got that aid 4.12 disc so somehow i wanna put in a bigger hdd can i boot up aid then dissconnect original hdd plug in new one go to format then go nd format it nd go back to menu nd ftp the files onto the hdd?

if not is there a hotswap to a new drive method say format to fatx on computer then put files on

i dunno just throwin ideas cause i dont feel like doin it the xbox hdm way but if i have to....

thanks

2. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

I'm not sure your way gives you and out if there is a problem. I went from 8G to 320G and love it, using the method here that Chunk used, it is pretty straight forward and I still have the original files if anything goes wrong(even went so far as kept the original drive) just in case. Sometimes it isn't necessary to re-invent the wheel. Good luck and don't forget to post your results.

3. trav_555

trav_555 Member

yeah i know, just something tells me ill stuff it up if i do it the xbox hdm way, ill try mine first but i have to get a hdd and the place i can get them is closed for another 2 weeks or so

4. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

Hey don't sell yourself short. I am very, very new to the modding scene and the procedure went without a hitch. I just did everything step by step. Other then I moved the two big folders over to my computer instead of burning them to the disk like the directions said and then I ftp'ed them back after the swap. Again it was a pretty straight forward procedure.

5. trav_555

trav_555 Member

ok well i wont invent the wheel lol, now i just have to get a hdd.............