1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I plz get a list of Firmware....

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Demipimp, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Demipimp

Demipimp Member

games like say Genji 1.00 or Sonic 1.20 LOG don't want to by a game that I cant play yet.

P.S I do have 1.51 Dont what 2 move up but a lis would be nice

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

upgrade that bad boy look at all the features that came out in 1.8 ur probably holding off for a iso loader me im holding out for a hacked firmware like on psp

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You might as well update. The ISO loader doesn't excite me because i don't have 600 dollars to spend on a Blu-Ray burner, and the discs are pretty expensive also. Even if you could load the ISO's of your HDD or something, it would really hurt the PS3 game sales. People would probably rent & borrow games and backup the ISO's onto the PS3 HDD.. and download them also.

4. Demipimp

Demipimp Member

yeah but the way that works is u dont upgrade like with the psp I had a friend just keep udating he miss the 2.60 he missed the 2.71 he missed the 2.80 so I know better it is best just to wait

5. Demipimp

Demipimp Member

But I want to buy stuff now and still be in the line up for home brew not so much the loader will u help me????

6. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

You could just use ubuntu or yellowdog if you really want to run programs on your ps3. heck it wouldnt surprise me if they made it so ps3 homebrew would have to start up off of a lunix os.

7. Demipimp

Demipimp Member

This is the type of things people do when they dont have a list (tell u that u don't need one LOG) its all good doe I will try to make my own right quick feel free 2 help

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I highly doubt Sony has to really worry about piracy, basically it's too expensive and not worth the money to pirate because blu-ray disk media are too expensive. Most people aren't willing to pay that much money for a blu-ray burner. Game sizes are extremely big, I'm talking 20-30GB for one game. Could you imagine trying to download a freakin 20GB file? That kinda makes it useless to pirate a PS3 game. But as prices go down for blu-ray burners and media it'll still be quite expensive to pirate so I don't see this as a big issue for Sony or game developers of the PS3.

9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

dont get me wrong i back up my games but am totally against piracy its destroying a market that we all are a part of and fgamer is right as well it cost way to much to back up ps3 games but homebrew is great and we have linux for that homebrew in case people have forgotten is people writing programs for no benefit just to show off their programing skills homebrew is one thing piracy is something completely different but when u open up the door piracy comes in the back door maybe thats why sony let us put linux on our ps3s and limited its potential but i would love to run homebrew right off the xmb psp style

10. dpickett

dpickett Guest

1.80SDK -dev firmware will not run on retail