1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink-for .avi to dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jul-see, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I have been using VSO Divx-DVD and Nero Burning ROM for my .avi files. Out of my 50pk of dvd's I only got 3 movies to actually view. I continue to read to try and find out what else I can use. I cam e across some advise about using DVD-Decrypter/Shrink. Would this work for my .avi files to burn a DVD?

If so, how does Nero work with the above?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Some people do use Shrink to compress their AVIs that have been converted to DVD format by another program and then either nero or decrypter to burn. But shrink won't recognize an AVI file.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

What makes you think this was a software issue? Were you burning straight to dvd, or did your software create a VIDEO_TS file on your hard disk? If the latter (and if not, is there a setting that would?), then were the dvd files playable on your computer?

Without knowing more, it does not seem to me that you've actually pinpointed the source of your problem.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. Jul-see

Jul-see Member

I first had VSO Divx-DVD convert the file to a Video_TS format. I have also tried DVD Santa. Then I used Nero Burning Rom as instructed in the guide I got from Afterdawn, to burn those files to the DVD.

Most of the DVD's would play on my computer. Some would not.