1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could not start game error with ISOS in custom 3.10 OE-A'...I've tried everything

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by wakala, Apr 10, 2007.

1. wakala

wakala Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the homebrew scene since I at last was able to downgrade my firmware. I downgraded using this guide:

(the 3.03 tutorial)

and then I proceeded to install the custom firmware using this guide:

Everything installed correctly without any problems. The problem is that when I try to start an ISO file game or a ROM I get the "game could not be started" message. I've searched all around for a solution (that's how I found this website which is great by the way)I found a thread in here that said to go into the recovery menu and make sure no UMD was disabled...I followed those directions but I'm still getting the same problem.

I'm also using ISO files downloaded from the links posted at PSP Underworld since I can't use Bittorrent from this location...those anyone have an idea of what could the problem be? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

2. wakala

wakala Member

Now I saw a thread which said that I need to have a UMD inside the tray for the game to work...I didn't have one in since I read that I didn't need a game inside in another place...I'll try this when I get home since I didn't bring any UMDs with me...anyways if someone thinks it could be something different from that please let me know.

3. SOE337

SOE337 Member

i've read that as well wakala. not sure why it would work that way but let me know how you make out because i'll probably run into the same problem...along with many others. ha.

4. wakala

wakala Member

Hey SOE337 I tried playing with a UMD in the tray and that did the trick!! wooohboo right now I'm playing Afterburner and it's running great...so try it out

5. SOE337

SOE337 Member

awesome! i have a question for you sir, how do i get games to run? do i need to create an iso file in the root of the memstick and store the iso's there? do i put any other files anywhere else?

also, how exactly do emulators work? does 3.03OE-C automatically emulate psx games?

I ask because you are already playing games and i'm not at that point yet. just spent an entire day getting my psp to 3.03OE-C. Thanks for any and all help broseph.

6. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

All you do is put the iso in the ISO folder. Easy as that.

Yes, cause sony added a ps emulator.

7. wakala

wakala Member

Exactly...I concur...haha I was going to reply right now...so yeah Teh Joker is right...this emulated firmware is actually pretty impressive I love how you can use all the functionality of the official firmware plus all the homebrew goodies...also it is very easy to use...although the fact that you have to insert a UMD to play games should be mentioned more often...

8. SOE337

SOE337 Member

Excellent! Much MUCH appreciated fellas. I'm assuming that it doesn't matter which umd you insert?

9. staxx

staxx Regular member

Yes it does matter...Movie umd's do not work. You have to use a game umd or game demo umd.