1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone Help please

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mvil, Sep 5, 2004.

1. mvil

mvil Member

Hi, I am new to this and I just want too know if anyone has worked out how to burn and play Ps2 games without a mod chip. if o=any one has can they please reply me back with the instructions and how to get the programs you use.

Cya!

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Nope, you still need to use the disc swap method or a modchip.

3. mvil

mvil Member

Thanks any way

cya

P.S If you figure out how to burn and play Ps2 games without needing to open the ps2 please let me know

4. shola

shola Guest

5. mvil

mvil Member

Thank-you

Just 1 more thing; buying a Hard Drive and a network card how much would all that cost and get it sent to australia. would it be worth it? Would i probably be better off bying a chip(dont really want to) or something else?

Thanks again

cya

6. ryo

ryo Member

quantronics.com.au is a shop in sydney that stock the HDadvance stuff. They're located in Parramatta next to Westfields for those who come from sydney. I'm pretty sure they also do delivery.

7. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

Yeah HDD are only about 100 in the USA for the ps2 so I imagine its somewhere in that price range.

8. mvil

mvil Member

Have you herd about the duel layer DVD burners. They have just been released here in australia. Do you have one or do you know of any one that has one? Is it worth buying? Would you be able to burn Ps2 games with it?

Thanks for your last reply

cya

9. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

Yes, only with a "duel"-layer DVD burner can you even think about backing up any PS2 game.......

Just kidding....you can burn (back up!)most all PS2 game with any DVD single-layer DVD burner. Read the tutorials....INVESTIGATE!!!!

Dual-layers will be the mainstream when 8.7 GB discs get cheap and the burners themselves are reasonably priced. Expect this to happen soon.

10. joefeng

joefeng Guest

im new 2 da forum but theres a tutorial called spoon fed ps2 backup tutorial. u can get it from megagames but ill probably post a link soon. If n e 1 can find another way, plase tell me.