1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone pleas just answer one of my questions?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by stemil, Apr 7, 2005.

1. stemil

stemil Member

I am trying to back up a game that has a file larger than 2 gigs and will not work in iso mode. udf will not work i have already tried. I have a mod chip and a v10 ps2 my mod is a dms4pro. If you also know how to backup ea games please help. Thankyou.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the 2gig limit problem might have to do with the file system you are running on your pc. If you have fat32 change it to NTFS and you should be good to go.

3. stemil

stemil Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I am already using NTFS on my windows xp/hdd. It will burn as a udf file system but the ps2 will not recognize the game. Can you help further?

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I got the same error when trying to rebuild with nero.
    I started using isobuster and cddvdgen to rebuild the files,
    and i dont get that problem.

nero is terrible for re-building .iso files.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

what program do you burn with? DVD Decrypter makes an ISO & MDS file when it burns. You just take the MDS file and use DVD Decrypter to write to a disc and bingo, your done.

I use Windows XP too and have no problems, but i did have to install a second hard drive that i converted to NTSF because my Windows XP (DELL) was running FAT32
    that is the only time i had problems with the file size over 2gb's was when i was running FAT32.

6. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You can try making an image file with Alcohol and splitting the image into peices smaller then 2 GB.

7. neil16377

neil16377 Member

rip the dvd rom with decrypter and burn with nero image recorder ,thats what i do and all my games work, remember to burn at the lowest speed possible