1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Swap Magic have broken my PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by koyettsu, Aug 16, 2004.

1. koyettsu

koyettsu Member

Ok get this I was playing a game the other day with Swap Magic, and I noticed the game begin to skip. I found it odd because it had never done so before. So I just kept playing away thinking the game was messed up.

After an hour or to the skipping got unbearable and the loading times were taking 4-5 minutes per load. I finally reset the game and tried to reboot it, instead though I got a Disk Read Error that plagues the PS2 consoles. I put in another game (w/out Swap Magic) and it would not load it up. After trying something like 10 games I realized my system was shot. Everytime I put in a game I just get a clicking sound and then a Disk Read Error message.

So I guess I am being paranoid but anyone think SM could have screwed my system up? Or does Sony just suck and make crappy systems that break every few months? (My system is 10 months old and a version 9)

2. jagger2k

jagger2k Member

no its not swap magic its just sony make the ps2s to mess up after a few months its the classic disk read error (DRE) its very common try cleaning your ps2s laser and if that dont work just take it back to the store u got it from for a new one seeing its under a year old.