1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could This Be The End For DVD Shrink?????

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by antukuk, Feb 16, 2005.

1. antukuk

antukuk Member

DVD Shrink wow the best download by far and yeah needs NTFS

How ever love them or hate them those people at Macrovision have come up with a new anti-piracy software called RipGuard technology. Have a read go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4266977.stm

If any one knows more about this please post

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Kind of old news (search google on the keywords MACROVISION and RIPGUARD). What's new, for now, is this THX certification.

Until dvd's are actually released with this RIPGUARD technology, no one can say for sure what will happen.

But it's not work losing sleep over.

3. scoomp

scoomp Member

I most definetly wont lose sleep over the ripgaurd. they can come up with new ways. its fine with me. give the hackers a month and ripguard will be beat also. just look at the napster crap back when it was enormous. now ppl are downloading more than ever. dont fret my friends, all is well

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Shrink will always have its place as a very nice transcoder to compress our movies...
    it's up to the rippers to beat the new protections yet to come. besides.... there's only so much they can do to our dvds before they are unplayable

5. icecap

icecap Member

"And in other news, the new RipGuard DVD protection schema is defeated with one swift update to the popular DVD replication program DVD Decrypter. The MPAA has now introduced legistlation to outlaw distribution of the product due to its ability to flawlessly bypass the security protection months after being introdued onto the market"

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

there's already laws that prohibit any software/program that bypasses copyright encryption in the US.

7. icecap

icecap Member

thats the great U.S for you. Glad I don't live in a place like that!!!!

CHEERS : )