1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could use some Help Please!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cortese21, Dec 24, 2004.

1. cortese21

cortese21 Member

I have been having problems backing up my DVD's. 1st myComputer Specs.

Pent IV 2.4
    256 Ram
    160 GIG HD PLus 120 GIG HD (35% Full on Both)
    I/O Magic DL DVD+RW 16x

No for the problems. I have no problems Shrinking and or Encrypting. Both work fine and I am able to veiw on my computer without issues. Here lays the problem. I have tried burning with both Encrypt and Shking using NERO and I have also tried using Roxio with the ISO.FILE. However, after about 35 minuntes in the DVD it FREEZES, 1st it starts to jump and shake than it just lock up. What gives? This is the same all the time, the 1st 20 to 30 minutes wouk GREAT the WALLA!!!

OH I forgot... THe Jumping and locking occurs on my DVD Player for my TV, I have also tried on other DVD Players and the same thing occurs. Also, THe burning process on my computer always seems to work succesfully.

MY DVD BURNER SPECS....
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

I/O Magic
    Internal DVD+/-RW/+/-R
    Dual Format Double Layer

Tried TEON DVD+R 8x and Memorex DVD=R 4x
    could this be the media?

PLEASE HELP Thanks a bunch in advance..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

About 90% of the time that playback problem is caused by poor quality media. Try some Ritek or Verbatim grade A blank media and don't burn over 4X speed. That should help all your problems. Good luck.

Jerry

3. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

cortese21 change to a better media and I have found and read dvd-r is more compatiable with tv top dvd players +R is more for computers and if you got an older dvd player this may help.some of the new players have addressed this but not all.I have found tdk to make a good disc also ritek and believe it or not compusa white top house brand have always given me good results.good luck post back let us know how it goes.