1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter-Strike backup on 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Daddyof02, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Daddyof02

Daddyof02 Member

HELP!

My son broke my original counter-strike for XBOX 1 CD yesterday, and while I make it a habit to backup my 360 games, I had yet to begin backing up my original XBOX games. I searched around for a 360 version of counter-strike but the best i could come up with is this torrent:
    http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=3796ab7aa63920dfafe11fc88c1e2baeda56045a061d

I have found the SS file:
    http://ss.softmodfiles.net/ss/uploads/Xbox1_CounterStrike_NTSC_For_Xbox360.bin

as well as the DMI:
    http://ss.softmodfiles.net/ss/stealth/Xbox1_CounterStrike_NTSC_For_Xbox360_DMI.bin

and the PFI:
    http://ss.softmodfiles.net/ss/stealth/Xbox1_CounterStrike_NTSC_For_Xbox360_PFI.bin

I have used XBEFIX to correct the XBE files (I think there were hash errors or something) and reinjected them into the ISO. I have tried just fixing the default.xbe as well as all the other .xbe files. I have tried burning a copy with JUST the .xbe files fixed, I have tried with just merging the SS,PFI, and DMI files using SS merger. (The one part I got tripped up on was the video partition in SS merger, I have no idea what those options are, or making an NME compatible ISO???) I have tried repairing the .xbe files AND merging the SS, DMI, nad PFI files. Nothing works, I see the original XBOX logo and it seems to be loading, then a Guide window comes in from the right telling me something is wrong with the original XBOX game. I also know I am burning with the correct layer break and using verbatum DVD+R DL. I have the Hitachi 57D with the 2.2 STEALTH firmware. I have about 45$ worth of Dual Layer coasters now, so buying the original game WOULD have been cheaper but I really would like to know how this works. And if you all think I am some pirate trying to get a free Counter-Strike copy, I can send pictures of my son smiling with the snapped CD in his hand, as well as the new DL coaster statue I am making...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. As you can see I have researched greatly, looked at all the other forums, and are not just being lazy so someone can do this for me. I have a genuine problem. THanx in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

go to blackcats-games.net
    they have a DVD5 copy that says it will work with both 360 and regular xbox. (of course that would only be if your have a 360 with the Samsung drive flashed with Xtreme 5.0 or later firmware)

3. Daddyof02

Daddyof02 Member

I of course have seen the black cats EXTENSIVE collection of torrents, but it is invite only as regristration is closed. Any invites? *smiles cheesy and bats eyelashes*

4. steimy

steimy Active member

at this moment no, i don't. I gave one to a friend who shares my account and he did not bother using it. I figure after a certain amount of time it will not be good and they may give me another.
    let me look around a bit on some other sites.
    they have the Xbox version on mininova.org, torrentspy.com
    both public sites

5. Daddyof02

Daddyof02 Member

Yea, I've looked at btjunkie.com, torrentspy.com, torrentman.com, isohunt.com...

It seems this edited copy is the only one flating around... I really wish there was a way to get this copy working... I just can't understand why it wont work with the SS, DMI, and PFI injected, and the .XBE files all repaired, those seem to be the only issues with converting XBOX backups to 360... and yet it still dosn't work...

6. Daddyof02

Daddyof02 Member

By the way, I noticed your stats on your PC aren't that different then mine... Have you overclocked your 7600? They overclock quite nice and even have a pencil mod to up the voltage with just a number 2 pencil! Mine is on my water line now and has ramsinks, but even with stock cooling it overclocked quite nice... The pencil mod really helps keep it stable if you can get rid of the extra heat.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

no, i have the processor overclocked but not the graphics card as i rarely play any PC games on it. Or do anything graphically intense.
    Right now i have my 2.13 running at a steady 2.4GHz per core.
    I plan to test the waters over the next few months as i have been told that i can easily and safely get it up to 2.66GHz per core by changing the Front Side Bus to 333 (started at 266, i changed it to 300, and may go up to 333)

8. Daddyof02

Daddyof02 Member

The Core 2's overclock so beautifully, my 6600 started at 2.4 and I got it up to 3.2, my NIC cut out at 322 and my SATA cut out at 330. I got a PCI SATA card and NIC card and just disabled my onboard ones. I did have to set my PCI-e bus manually (Raising my FSB subsequently overclocked my PCI-e slot) and overclocked through the Nvidia COLLBITs Tweak. Good luck with the 2.66!