1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of glitches in 3.03 C?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by charlywho, Mar 31, 2007.

1. charlywho

charlywho Member

I put on 3.03 OE-C Winstaller so I (my 9-year old) could play the new DragonBall ISO (because it requires 3.03 firmware). The game worked fine and saved. I read that some people were having problems playing movies with this firmware, so I decided to try an original UMD (yes we have some) movie and the movie play fine.
    However, here's the glitch. When my boy went back to his game, the save was "gone". This was not a coincidence - we purposely tested the procedure again and got the same result - "gone" save data. I got one unhappy boy on my hands. I was so exasperated that I tried to go back to my original 1.5 firmware using 1.50 Recovery Winstaller.
    1.50 Recovery installs, but when I look for the icon in the game column, there is nothing there but corrupted data. I tried reformatting a number of times and repeating the install - same result, corrupted data. When I tried to get to the icon using the restart/right trigger nothing happens.
    Can someone please help me out of this mess. I'd really like to get back to firmware 1.5 or at the very least have a properly running 3.03.

2. Chisle

Chisle Member

once you recover to v1.5 you have the 1.5 firmware. that means you can no longer play iso's without something like devhook and that is why the game comes up as corrupt data in v1.5 firmware, and you no longer have the recovery menu, seeing as it is only in the open edition firmware. as for the umd movie and then no saved data, i am trying that out right now seeing as i myself also have a umd movie. as for the swaved game not being there i cannot help ypou for i just tried recreating your scenario and i still had my saved games data, with the exact same game as well. I would suggest just trying to reinstall 3.03oe-c or go up to 3.10oe-a and see if that fixes the problem