1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of Q's..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 6BooN9, Jul 15, 2007.

1. 6BooN9

6BooN9 Member

OK I have some questions that have probably been answered before but Im not the smartest cookie and need any answers explained to me lol.

1)Does it depend on what cd/dvd you have to how easy it is to flash and if its flashable?

2)Is a flashed xbox 360 me likely to get the red lights of death quicker or doesnt it matter?

3)What is the thing like Sky for the xbox 360? I watched some gamer show awhile ago and it had a remote and you could select what you wanted to watch and junk. Is that something thats built into the xbox or is it like a add on you have to buy? (Not the remote but the menu like selection thing... Sorry that makes no sense.)

4)Does it matter what "pack" you buy to how much memory you can have or if you can have any at all? Like the core pack, im not to sure if it comes with a hd but I belive you can buy one would there be a limitation to how much you can get? I think the most you can get is 120gb yes? Would the 120gb work with any xbox 360 you brought?

5)Once I know what make and model my drive is where would I go about getting the files or cd or whatever I need to flash it?

Thats all. Cheeeers and sorry it makes no sense and they have all probably been answered.

BooN

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

1. it does depend on what drive you have as to how easy it is to flash. even though they are all pretty easy after a bit of reading up about it. if you was unlucky enough to have the benQ drive then that is not flashable at the moment and you'd be stuck playing origianls only.

2. nope, flashing it will not make it die any faster, if the console was gonna get the 3 red rings it would get it with or withour being flashed. its normally a heat issue.

3. I think the thing your on about is windows media center (for the pc). with a tuner card in your pc you can stream tv to the xbox 360 and use the remote to navigate what to watch etc

4. 120 gig HDD i sthe largest you can get and that will work on any console. the core and the premium are basically the same console, its just that the premium comes with more accessories than the core.

5. when you find out what drive you have then a good place to get files from is xbins. if you search google for a program called Ground zero or xbins automated program then that will give you an FTP program that logs onto to the xbins site and then you can download all the files you need. For tutorials I would head over to 360mods.net and have a read of textbooks noob guide to hacking a 360, is easy to follow and makes the process easy.

Hope this has helped dude :)

3. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Allot of your questions don't make much sense, so I tried to decypher what you were trying to say to the best of my ability.

1) Samsung MS25's are the easiest to flash, Samsung MS28's are difficult because you need extra specific hardware (VIA Chipset Cards) to flash it succesfully. All Hitachi's are pretty much easy except the newer v79. Benq drives aren't really flashable yet until the proper tools or software is released. (more than likely 9 times out of 10 you'll get a Hitachi drive)

2) It doesn't matter...it's just an unpredictable occurance.

3) Maybe you're talking about the Xbox Media Center, that's bulit in.

4) They only sell 2 hard-drive types, one is a 120GB and the other is the well known 20GB. Core's don't include a hard-drive.

5) Just look here in the afterdawn forums for tutorials that should point you in the right direction..other than that most apps you'll need can be found on Xbins. You need to use google in order to find Xbins...a link can't be provided here because it's against the rules.

That's all you need to know for now..good luck on your 360 modding journey!

4. 6BooN9

6BooN9 Member

Cheers peeps youve helped out alot and thanks for taking the time to decypher what I wrote!