1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of questions concerning flip top/multi tap

Discussion in 'PS2' started by preslay, Oct 26, 2004.

1. preslay

preslay Member

hi all. well my flip top works now, and i've been playing some good games on it. Anyways, when i play games i have to place a book that's kind of heavy over the flip top area to keep it from making noises that's seemed to be caused by the white magnetic disc thingy not being close enough to the disc. the game will still play if i let the noise go, but it's annoying. So my question is, do u think any damage can come from me just leaving a book over it to make the white disc closer to the games or is it fine, or should i find a way to tighten it even more so i don't have to do any book placing? And also i remember reading about a guy on this forum that said his multi tap wouldn't work with his ps2 after he got his flip top. i was wondering if this is true, i searched through the forums for a while but couldn't find it. anyways thanks in advanced.

2. madmax69

madmax69 Member

When you say the white thing do you mean the plastic gear at the rear of the tray....if so..try adjusting the gear...you can turn it and see if it then reads without you keeping the book on top of it...

here is a link that tells you how to open your ps2 and rotate the gear....I have done this when I couldn't get my PS2 to read a certain brand of discs...It might help you with your situation but try at your own risk...I found it quite simple and really didn't see what could go wrong...but you never know...

http://www.gamingdynasty.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=42

3. preslay

preslay Member

oh no no, i'm talking about the white magnetic disc that u attach to the flip top. sorry if i didn't make it clear enough, that's what i meant by the white magnetic disc thingy. and the white thing i mentioned was also referring to the white magnetic disc.