1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of questions i want to ask about hdloader..

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by shinobier, Oct 11, 2004.

1. shinobier

shinobier Guest

i have couple of questions about hdloader.

1. do i need modded ps2 to use it(like modchipped)?

2. can i use any hard driver(if so what's the most recommanded one?) or do i have to use original ps2 hard driver?

3. does it boot everything(like cd-rip, dvd-rip, dual layer dvd like xenosaga, double protected games like soul calibur 2, silent hill 3 etc) without swapping discs like modded xbox?

4. does it work on any version of ps2?

5. which is better? hd loader or hd advance?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2004
  2. bL33d

bL33d Member

HDloader is better And u can install backedup games but you'll have to hook ur hard drive to the pc and use a program called winhiip(very easy)

No need for a mod chip and u can use any hard drive(40gb or higher) aslong as the hookups on ur network adapter line up to the hard drive right.

3. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

don't use western digital hdd since they don't fit into the ps2.

4. shinobier

shinobier Guest

i c.. thx for replies.
    i have one more question though. why do i need ps2 network adaptor?
    i mean unless i want to install iso from the computer, i don't think network adaptor would be neccessary to back up the game to hard from original game disc.
    can someone explain this to me?

5. November

November Member

You need the adapter to connect the HDD to the system, without it there is no way of using the hdd for the backups as far as I know

Nick
    -ciao

6. shinobier

shinobier Guest

i c. i just figured out network adaptor is only way to connect hd to ps2 simply by opening expansion port of ps2(lol..).. hmm..
    i just wish there's way to save the game on hd though like xbox.. i am tired of using small 8mb memory card that holds few games.. -_-;;