1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of questions, mainly involving imports

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dragon530, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Dragon530

Dragon530 Member

I want to play imported games. I know you need a swap magic and magic keys for a slim model ps2. I need to know, how do you know which model you have? My serial number is SCPH-70012. My ps2 also has 8 squares on the bottom. 4 of which have rubber pieces on them. I also want to know if I can use this with the model I have and for games such as Naruto Shippuuden?

http://www.modchipstore.com/Slim-Tool-Swap-Magic-3-Combo-V12-PS2-slim-console-16261.html

My final question is how do you burn games onto cd's? I mean like downloading them first and then putting them on a cd. Do you need certain program? What do you need and how do you do it? I know this is a lot, but please help me. Thank you!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Anyway, you can easily check here to check your PS2's version number. The magic keys were specifically designed for the slimline and should work for all. You might have trouble installing on the v15 slim PS2s and above because they moved the switch slightly more to the left than what's suggested by the old video tutorial of installing magic keys.

And yes, Swap Magic can play all regions although you might have troubles displaying games correctly that are in PAL using an NTSC PS2 and vice versa, but this doesn't apply to all games with the same results for all games. Also, NTSC-J (Japan imports) and NTSC region games in the U.S. have practically the same screen resolution used so you shouldn't have difficulties playing games from Japan.

Edit: read the tutorials around here for stuff like that

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007