1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Jan 27, 2004.

1. account

account Guest

1. what is the difference between ps1 and psx?
    2. i need a patch so i can play pal games on a ntsc console
    3. are there any ps1 games on dvd?

any answers to those would help

2. account

account Guest

3. fly_low

fly_low Member

not sure about question 2.
    ps1 and psx are the same thing unless they refer to the remodeled ps1 as psx, anyway they are functionally the same.
    ps1 games are cd-rom based. the ps1 cannot read dvd format. it would be like putting a dvd movie in your cd player. or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in your vcr. Early PS2 games were also cd-roms. games like crazy taxi or midnight club.

4. account

account Guest

lol good examples and there are new games ps2 games that are on cd like risk global domination and a few more. im only asking cause i just got a real chip instead of magic discs and i can finally play backups of ps games

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well the white small ps1 is newer version of the gray big psx... the bios versions are diffrent while the gray has the 1xxx... the white have the 9xxx... the board of the ps1 is diffrent in some ways and the ps1 is somehow faster then the gray one... it's also cheaper then the gray and has a diff type of chip to fit inside it...

no you dont need patches you can swap the games and it's all good

i wish there were games on dvd's for ps1 or gray psx... but sadly no... the gray and the white dont read dvd's... since they cant read the dvd's the laser wont let you... and the board dont have the dvd player in the bios fuctions...

thats about it

6. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

ohh, not to contradict anyone, but if u do need any patches, such as the one listed above, a great site for all source of ps2 patches is www.swapmagicfix.com...
    later boyz

7. FFW

FFW Member

ps1 games don't need patches. I use stealh elite on my ps1 and i havn't had a game that wouldn't boot.