1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of quick questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Holypoop, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Holypoop

Holypoop Member

Alright... I want to mod my wii. Namely for Wii backup games and homebrew. But I have a few questions I hope you all can help me with.

But I don't know which modchip to get... Cyclowiz or Wiikey seem my best options. I like the fact they're upgradeable, and Cycolwiz appears to be easy to soder. Plus WiiKey says it's not true stealth mode. So I'm looking at Cyclowiz...

Which brings me to my next two questions...

How hard is it to solder it? I've had SOME solder experience, but it's fairly minimal. As long as there is step by step instructions, I'm fairly confident I could do it. And do those nifty Nintendo screwdrivers come with and chips, or no?

Next question is about the stealth mode. First off, we will be able to upgrade the Wii firmware still, hopefully without notice from Nintendo, correct?

And if I was playing Mario Strikers (which I actually plan on purchasing) would I still be able to play against other people online?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to any modding scene really. I've softmodded a few Xboxs... but that's generally it.

Thanks guys!

2. jnaks

jnaks Regular member

dunno, personally, the Wiid looks the easiest to solder to me. The Wiikey wasn't that bad (I have one), but Wiid basically gives you the ability to screw up on a couple of pads and still solder on the alternate spots (has a nice row of solder points AND a quick solder setup).

and yes, you can still update your wii with any of those chips.

3. feod

feod Member

good question Holypoop, i wana know as well

4. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

5. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

ATTENTION!!!!

please note that the above link is for legal purposes only and i do not support piracy in any way shape or form. if you are not intending to use the site i suggested previously in a legal way then please do not go to that site. thank you.

dab0ne