1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple Q's About Flashing/Modding

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by vagabundo, Jul 15, 2007.

1. vagabundo

vagabundo Member

I'm debating whether or not to mod my 360. I got my PS2 chipped and played backuped games on that, put in a hard drive, downloaded HD Loader, etc. But all in all, that was fairly simple stuff.

I briefly read through the step by step guide to flashing the 360, and it seems to be a bit harder, though that just might be me. So this is what I was wondering.

1. For someone that isn't 'very' tech-savy (but not exactly unsavy either), how complicated is flashing the 360?

2. There's something about a modchip that I just like better, but the problem is soldering them and all that. However, soldering aside, which would you recommend, Flashing, or a Chip? (If a chip, what chip is the best?)

3. What risk is involved with flashing? I like to play on Live a lot, so I don't want to get kicked off or anything. Also, if I'm gonna be playing a game online, will probably actually use an original.

4. The current DVD Burner in my computer is a Dual-Layer Burner, and I was able to make a backup of God of War 2 that worked fine (though the PS2 scratched the disc up to the point of ruining it) So DVD drive aside, about how much will flashing the 360 cost?

Thanks for any answers.

2. vagabundo

vagabundo Member

anyone?

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

1) It's a little tech intensive especially for Samsung drives. All you have to do is follow the instructions, but it's takes a bit of a techy mindset IMO to follow them. Setting up a wireless router seems about the same level of difficulty to me.

2) Forget the chip. Flashing is the way to go.

3) Stealth patched games with ixtreme SHOULD be safe, but there are no guarantees. Use on Live at your on risk or stay legit.

4) $15-20 for a PCI SATA card if you need one and that's about it for costs.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  4. vagabundo

vagabundo Member

Thanks for the answers.

But just another question. If I play an original game(not backuped or anything) and play on Live with a flashed system, there's no need to worry about being kicked or anything, right?

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

You'll never be 100% safe from the possibility of being banned if you flash your drive. It'll always be possible MS could see something from a burned that's played offline. The 360 could log that info and sent it to Live next time you log time. It's not believed anything like that is happening right, but it could.

6. vagabundo

vagabundo Member

And I'm guessing Modchips are no safer in that aspect...ugh

Guess worse comes to worse, I find myself with 2 360's :p

7. theridges

theridges Guest

as far as i know if you never boot a backed-up game even with hacked firmware you should be safe..but that was back when iXtreme wasn't released i think we will be safe for a good while.

8. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

yes what he said.