1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple questions about backing up, which one should I get? Help please.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by andro1d, Mar 14, 2007.

1. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

So I've been wanting to get one of the chips to mod my DS but I'm not sure what. I was thinking of the M3 DS simply but I do have some questions before I go ahead and purchase it.

Can you play backed up GBA games as well as DS? If not, is there any way to play both GBA and DS games with something else?

Can you back up more than one DS game at a time on a card? As in, can you load say 2 then you pick one or the other and play it? Or do you have to load one at a time on the card and if you wanna play another game you have to either have another card with your backup, or if you have one card then you have to delete it off it and load the other one onto it.

Anyone who can answer is awesome!

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

not with the M3 DS SImply (or any other slot-1 device)

Yes, but it adds complexity and price to the setup. You can get a Slot-2 device (such as one of the M3 Perfect range) for GBA and a Passcard3 to allow the device to load in 'DS mode' for NDS games. One drawback with this setup is all DS games need to be patched before you can play them (though this is easily done with the M3 Gamemanager software)

Yes, you can have as many games as your memory can fit, I currently have 20 DS games on my M3 DS Simply, and 10 DS+30 GBA games on my M3CF.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007