1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covert mpg moive so I can copy

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sixfigure, May 16, 2007.

1. sixfigure

sixfigure Member

how do I covert a mpg movie onto dvd shrink so I can copy to a DVD

2. onya

onya Guest

A little more info would be great... :)

Do you have an original movie dvd disc, or perhaps files from a source that you downloaded? (we don't want to know from where ;) ) Telling us the name of the movie can at times be appropriate...

3. sixfigure

sixfigure Member

I download the movie and the name is loose change and there are a few other that i want to download and I can put the moive in a file and when I open dvd shrink to find the movie i can never find it or shrink won't let me open the file. I can play the movie on my computer but can't copy. please help

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

DVD Shrink is only for compressing DVDs, not plain MPEG files. If you want to make a DVD from an MPEG file you need to author it. The stickies at the top of the DVD Authoring forum should help with that. I'm also working on some DVD authoring guides that start out with MPEG files.

5. onya

onya Guest

Hi to sixfigure and vurbal. Guy's i thought that the downloaded files where .avi, so maybe I got the wrong end of the stick. Thanks vurbal for the input.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's what we're here for ;)

Just post again if you have any more questions.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ConvertXtoDVD is a video converter software to convert and burn your videos to DVD. With ConvertXtoDVD and a few clicks you can backup your movies to DVD playable on any home DVD player.

ConvertXtoDVD supports most popular formats such as AVI to DVD; Mpeg, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, VOB, WMV, DV and stream formats to DVD. It converts your files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media. The ConvertXtoDvd does not need an external AVI codec download. It uses its own AVI codecs.

Looking for free video converter software? ConvertXtoDVD is free video converter evaluation software - a small payment and you no longer have the VSO watermark on the video output.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/