1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coverting rar to Psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by tipdog, Feb 10, 2008.

1. tipdog

tipdog Guest

I've used the winrar programme to unzip a rar psp file but all I have now got is a massive cso file; I'm sure this is a stupid question but how can I find the .iso file to put on psp memory stick to get the game to work?

thanks in advance for any wisdom!

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

the .cso is a compressed .iso - this should run fine on your psp (in the ISO folder in root ms0:/ISO )

if it lags then use UMDGen to convert it back to .iso

3. tipdog

tipdog Guest

the .cso is a compressed .iso - this should run fine on your psp (in the ISO folder in root ms0:/ISO )

Thanks for that; erm... I hate to say this but how do I get at the ISO folder in root ms0:/ISO?

What do you mean by 'lags'?

thanks again in adavnce!

4. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

you can create the ISO folder once you enter your psp drive from your pc OR you can just format the stick from the psp menu (back up anything you want to keep) - this will create the ISO folder

if you find your .cso running slowly with poor menu speed or framerate in the game then either increase the speed of the psp (from the menu by pressing select from xmb) OR convert the .cso to .iso using UMDGen

5. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

Some memory cards have a slower read speed more often than not these are fake and will cause slow down when playing a ISO or CSO from a Memory stick. It can also happen when large ISO files are compressed and this can effect the speed the game will run at.

UMD/ISO speed can also be upped in recovery to compensate a little up to a Maxium of 333.

If you have CFW and i assume you do as you have a CSO, then simply put the CSO into the ISO folder, Access recovery mode or the VSH menu (Select on 3.71 M33) and select UMD drive to Sony Np9660.

CSO is simply a compressed ISO image

Either way you MUST have a CFW Psp to play CSO/ISO.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  6. tipdog

tipdog Guest

Thanks again for the helpful advice; memory stick formstted and now have have new folders, cannot see any specific ISO folder, perhaps you'd be as kind as to let me know where to specificslly look on the stick!

also am not sure if we have a CFW psp, again am going to be really thick and ask what that is, we also are problems getting at the VSH menu, have used the select button as we have version 3.71 but it refuses to come up, and have tried holding down the 'r' button while we power up, again can't bring anything up, now psp is in danger of going in the bin, and as before any wisdon gratefully received! thanks in advance!