1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COX CABLE BANNING FOR DOWNLOADING

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by phimself, Nov 13, 2007.

1. phimself

phimself Member

I have a freind that was downloading a "Movie" and cox cable turned his service off. They said that it was a warner brothers copyright violation he was using bit torrents which i do all the time and this was his 2nd time ever downloading something and the said it was his second violation. I have had to have download 10,000 movies by now which probably violate some kind of copyright and yet i have never had them cut my service off. Any way whats least detectable newsgroups or bittorrents? I like bittorrents they seem to be faster but seeing as how my freind just got poped im going for safest and yes I know not doing it at all is safest

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I'd say newsgroups.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

once the luck of the draw gets you on a pirates list just a single time, you're watched much more closely.

i say scrap both and go with IRC or megaupload variants.

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Just be careful, I would second Aus's opinion on recommending the use of IRC or MegaUpload.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I bet your friend was going to one of those public trackers and seeded for a very long time.

Cox can care less what you download or upload, but if they get a complaint that your IP address is sharing a file in full then they will do something about it...like stop your service until you verbally agree you wont do it again.

Cox is not a babysitter, maybe you should show him what settings to use since you have not got caught yet.