1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Coolong advice REQ Please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Doofy, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Hi all i posted this earlier in hte wrong forum oops,so here goes hopefully in the right one

Hi all i was wondering if someone could give me a little piece of advice an cpu temperatures. I have an xp2600+ on a nf7-s motherboard, with a coolermaster jet7+ cooler, my idle temps are between 44 and 46, and about 55 to 60 under load. I have just changed a qtech 550watt psu (it was diabolical)i underestimated how important the PSU was, i am now using a zalman silent expensive but worth it, which brings me to the question after installing the psu i turned down the cpu fan and it was almost silent bliss, i had to turn up the cpu fan again and it is bloody loud. So can anyone tell me the quietest cooler i can use on this board or what a safe idle temp is so i can quieten my system down a bit

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

I dont know about any silent fan although you can buy a water cooler if u want to spend the money. Just a thaught.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You might have a peek at this thread. Lots of good stuff there :)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/81431

So you had to turn up the HSF after you installed the new PSU? It could be putting off a fair bit more heat than the previous one.

The biggest boost to cooling is as much airflow through the case as possible. In your case where you want to keep things quiet I'd suggest looking at the "silent" version fans and stick as many of them in your case as you can.

The best configuration is to pull fresh air in from the front od the case and blow it out the back. That way you have a constant flow of fresh cool air moving through the case :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004