1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpu heat ?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by natascore, Mar 21, 2007.

1. natascore

natascore Member

after many burn projects completed succesfully all the sudden every time i try to encode ir play a game like counter strike my system would crash. i figured it was some thing i done while installing my tuner card,so i reformat and all is good with the games but i found my cpu fan not functioning correctly and was crashimg my system when i tryed encode avi to dvd etc so i put new fan on and have a house fan blowing on it but cpu still reachs 65c-150f but only when encodeing seems high to me.is this normal? sorry newbie question

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It is too high, especially with a new fan. Did you clean the thermal paste of the CPU? Did you put new thermal paste between the CPU and the new heatsink/fan?

3. natascore

natascore Member

thanks,i got a new g_power lite heat sink fan totaly diffrent from the one that was on it,and i also replace the paste and it dropped my temp by 50f and doubled my encoding speed i am impressed it only cost 30 dollars.thanks for the reply

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are welcome. I am glad your heat issues are gone.