1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpu is saying my brand new DVD-R is full????????HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pdashes, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Pdashes

Pdashes Member

MY BEST GUESS IS BECAUSE I LEFT THE DVD-R ON TOP OF MY MONITOR INSIDE THE PROTECTIVE CYLINDER AND MAYBE IT GOT TOO HOT OR SOMETHING.(IS THIS POSSIBLE???????)I HAVE DOWNLOADED ALMOST EVERY BURNING ROM ON THE NET BUT STILL SAYS INSERT A EMPTY MEDIUM....MY DVD BURNER STILL BURNS REGULAR CD-R'S THROUGH WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS?

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

lay off the caps. try a different brand of dvds. after that make sure ur firmware is up to date.

3. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Most likely you either have a bad disc ,or quite possibly your burner does not like the type or brand of media. Firmware plays a very important role in this. Firmware allows the burner to recognize newer media. You may have an older drive that won't recognize the media. What brand & model burner do you have? What brand and speed of DVD-R Media do you have?

4. Pdashes

Pdashes Member

first i wanna say i'm not really cpu savy so what is firmware and how can i check/change this ....my dvd-r are made by memorex 16x 4.7gb 120 min my burning rom is currently InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2

5. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Firmware is the set of instructions saved in a programmable chip on the recording drive. The instructions tell the drive what laser power to apply in different sections of the disc during recording as well as other instructions. The same chip also holds a memory table of different discs. Updating firmware changes the instructions or adds different disc identifications to the memory table or does both at the same time.

The heat from the monitor is not enough to damage the disc. When you say you have "downloaded every burning ROM on the net," I presume that you mean you have downloaded recording software. Many of them conflict with others; so you should decide to keep only one and save the others to a disc so that you can load them if you ever need them.

When the computer states that the disc is full, it means that it cannot record to it. That may be due to the software conflicts or to a number of different factors. If you check before you record, you will get the same information. Try to record with WinDVD Creator 2 first to see if that program can prepare the disc for recording, then follow the steps to record. (Finalizing a disc will also display information that the disc if "full" even if only a portion of it is recorded. "Full" in this case means that since the table of contents is "final" and cannot be changed, nothing more can be added to the disc.)