1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpu speed with 3.03OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PY80, Jan 31, 2007.

1. PY80

PY80 Member

I'm currently running 3.03OEA like a dream . ( i know i know.. should up it to OE-C ) but i've recently started noticing a game lag when playing from CSO.
    I went to try and incrase the CPU to 333 but i just found out i cant. When i go into cpu speed in recovery all it says is "no yet" . Err ??
    Also, do CSOs couse more lag than ISOs due to compression ?

great forum this afterdawn.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Yes CSO's lag because of being compressed, in a sense. It's actually from the decompression of the game while playing. Secondly, upgrade to 3.03 OE-C and you can have control of the clock speed.

3. PY80

PY80 Member

thanks hexit for your uber fast response.

will get on upgrading to OE-C

was just wondering also, do the speed of your memeory stick effect the game? i.e. does a faster memory sitck = faster load times or is the bottle neck in performance all to do with the PSP itself.?

Regards
    PY

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

No not really, all memory stick have a fast enough read speed to facilitate playing games from the memory stick. Even with something slow like the 5000 RPM Datel 4GB Hard Drive for psp, slow as hell transfer speed, took like 30 seconds just do boot devhook. It still played the games like a memory stick would, after the long wait times. No lag.

5. PY80

PY80 Member

this rocks!! i am now on OE-C and get drain my battery as fast as i want to !! (on 333)

but my NFS carbon CSO still has a slight twinge of lag occasionally. oh well.

thanks for your help hexit

PY

6. nkikus

nkikus Member

is there any risks by changing the xmb speed and cpu speed to 333mhz??